Update on Stormrider54

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stormrider54

Nov 8, 2010
    Dutchtown
    To those of you who are shootin' friends with my husband, my name is Lori. I just wanted to let you know that Mike had a stroke on April 4. We went to ochsner for removal of 2 kidney stones, and blood vessels burst in his brain because his blood pressure spiked. He was in ICU then on another floor in New Orleans. Now he is in the Rehabilitation Unit at our Lady of the Lake Hospital for speech, physical, and occupational therapy every day. His right side was affected; they are teaching him, however, to strengthen his muscles, balance himself, etc. After he is discharged in a week or two, he will receive outpatient therapy==not sure where yet--probably Baton Rouge.

Both of our children flew home to be with him, and that made him very happy. He saw our grandson, JT, for the first time and fell in love! They live in South Korea and returned this morning. My daughter and granddaughter are also here from Kansas; they'll be here a few more days.

I will try to keep you updated if i see any response.

Sincerely,
    Lori Garrett

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Wow, Lori. I'm new here and don't know your husband yet, but he will be in my prayers as well as the prayers of all the other members here, I'm sure. Glad he is doing better and pray he makes a complete recovery.

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    Tell Mike hello, and that prayers and wishes for a fast recovery have been sent!

king4456

Dec 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    I met Mike at Walgreens in Prairieville after the last gun and knife show at Lamar Dixon. He was wearing his Bayou Shooter shirt he had just purchased at the show. We spoke at length while I waited for some pictures to be developed, and he told me about his kidney stones and his concerns about what was gonna happen since he couldn't pass the stones. Wow I hate to hear about his condition. Get well soon brother!

dwsonar

Jan 15, 2011
    Lockport
    This is the first I hear of this. Hope you heal quickly, so we can get that ride we had been talking about. I'm leaving today for Florida, some of those miles will be for you.

Hitman

® ™
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Lori thank you so much for thinking about us enough to post on here.

You guys will defintely be in our prayers.

Let us know if there's anything we can help with.

spanky

Gold Member
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Yes, definitely thanks for posting and letting us know what's going on. You all will be in our prayers.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Thoughts and prayers sent to you and Mike from another former Westbanker living in Ascension....
    Get well soon buddy!!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom