Update on Stormrider54

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWG223

Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    To those of you who are shootin' friends with my husband, my name is Lori. I just wanted to let you know that Mike had a stroke on April 4. We went to ochsner for removal of 2 kidney stones, and blood vessels burst in his brain because his blood pressure spiked. He was in ICU then on another floor in New Orleans. Now he is in the Rehabilitation Unit at our Lady of the Lake Hospital for speech, physical, and occupational therapy every day. His right side was affected; they are teaching him, however, to strengthen his muscles, balance himself, etc. After he is discharged in a week or two, he will receive outpatient therapy==not sure where yet--probably Baton Rouge.

Both of our children flew home to be with him, and that made him very happy. He saw our grandson, JT, for the first time and fell in love! They live in South Korea and returned this morning. My daughter and granddaughter are also here from Kansas; they'll be here a few more days.

I will try to keep you updated if i see any response.

Sincerely,
    Lori Garrett

I'm sorry to hear this. I think CVA's are some of the most frustrating things. Encourage him to be patient and slow-and-steady, just keep moving forward and sometimes that means slowly.

Here's to hoping for a quick and full recovery and many more years of vitality!

Last edited:

Jester

I thought it was funny...
    Aug 10, 2011
    New Orleans Area
    My prayers are with you and your family.
    God, we ask for the touch of your hand in this, and for the peace that only your presence brings.

Mike

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    May 18, 2009
    Very sorry to hear this....We will keep you and Mike in our prayers, Lori.

May he have a swift recovery- please keep us posted.

-Sam

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    He will definitely be in our prayers, and tell him keep his head up it will get better. My father went through the same thing and is still recovering from a stroke he had at the hospital last beginning of last year. It's hard, but takes time. My father is driving and getting around and speaking better than ever, he still gets confused sometimes with names but he's getting back to 100% faster than we thought he would.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom