URGENT ALERT: Ask Senator Mary Landrieu To Sign The Amicus Brief Against The D.C. Gun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    (Got this from the NRA-ILA today)

URGENT ALERT: Ask Senator Mary LandrieuTo Sign The Amicus Brief Against The D.C. Gun Ban Today!

As the most critical Second Amendment case of our lifetimes is now before the Supreme Court, Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-Texas) is gathering signatures for an amicus (“friend of the court”) brief by Members of Congress. And we need your support to back up this important effort, today.

The case is District of Columbia v. Heller -- the case in which several District of Columbia residents have challenged the District’s laws that prohibit handgun ownership and armed self-defense in the home. This brief is an opportunity to show strong congressional support for the Second Amendment as protecting an individual right to keep and bear arms and not just a “right” to bear arms while serving in a government militia.

Sen. Hutchison’s brief points out the many occasions-from 1866 to 2005-when the Congress has spoken in favor of the Second Amendment as protecting the rights of individuals, and has taken action to protect those rights by law. Congress has also voted repeatedly to repeal the D.C. gun ban.

When Congress speaks, the Supreme Court listens. Every Senator and Congressman who supports individual rights should step forward to be heard by signing this brief. The brief is due within days, so we need your immediate help today.

Please call and email Senator Landrieu today and urge her to sign on to this critically important brief, which will be a key part of the legal battle to protect the Second Amendment in the U.S. Supreme Court.

Senator Mary Landrieu

Email: http://landrieu.senate.gov/contact/index.cfm
    Phone: (202) 224-5824 (Washington Office)
    Fax: (202) 224-9735
    Phone: (504) 589-2427 (New Orleans Office)
    Phone: (225) 389-0395 (Baton Rouge Office)
    Phone: (318) 676-3085 (Shreveport Office)

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Just Mary? What about some of the others? I think I have David "Poke a few hookers" Vitter's not so public e-mail on my work computer!

Do you have some type of cut and paste letter that I can send them. My mind is mush tonight, even more than usual. I'm saving it to digest Mythbusters tonight. Actually I will Tivo it and watch it tomorrow.

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    I haven't typed anything up, yet. I may get a chance, later, after the kids fo go bed.

I think they just told me about Mary because they knew she was around me.

greg t

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    NOLA area
    i called her washington number last night and left a message ... i'll probably fire off an e-mail as well in a day or so.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lilvonte722
    Top Bottom