Vehicle tint laws for civilians vs government vehicles

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    It really is sad to see or hear of another person punished for something that should have never been illegal, and then blame it on said person.
    Laws and social conventions change with time.

Knowingly breaking a law is knowingly breaking a law.

The speed limit on I10 in LA should be >60 or >70 MPH at points. Should people be punished for exceeding it currently even if it might change in the future? What about people who the law really shouldn't apply to? Like a guy in a nice Ferrari safely doing 95 MPH down the road at 2am when no one else is there. He's driving in a straight line and is paying attention. It's unlikely his car will have a blowout. The 70 MPH speed limit really shouldn't apply to him as that's not exactly within the merit of the law. Should he be punished for knowingly breaking the law that he is intentionally breaking, with minor risk aside from legal risk?

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    How many people knowingly broke the law and possessed weed in a location where it was illegal?

Weed should be legal, but it's not. Doing things that are illegal means that you are accepting of the consequences.

How many minors have gotten MIPs from knowingly drinking?
    How many drunks have gotten arrested for drinking and driving?
    How many people have been arrested or ticketed for knowingly speeding?

It's not about personal freedom - it's about blatently breaking a law and expecting there not to be consequences.
    Those are poor examples, especially the DUI. Both examples are pretty harmful. Although, I do not believe that it's any of the government's business to punish a minor for consuming a substance (this is the parents job), alcohol is toxic and can be pretty dangerous. It can also be detrimental to a developing brain.
    Now, if you were to say that someone broke the law by drinking coffee, or whatever low risk activity you can imagine, then you might have a good compatible example.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Laws and social conventions change with time.

Knowingly breaking a law is knowingly breaking a law.

The speed limit on I10 in LA should be >60 or >70 MPH at points. Should people be punished for exceeding it currently even if it might change in the future? What about people who the law really shouldn't apply to? Like a guy in a nice Ferrari safely doing 95 MPH down the road at 2am when no one else is there. He's driving in a straight line and is paying attention. It's unlikely his car will have a blowout. The 70 MPH speed limit really shouldn't apply to him as that's not exactly within the merit of the law. Should he be punished for knowingly breaking the law that he is intentionally breaking, with minor risk aside from legal risk?
    The things we are talking about are not dangerous, like, at all, almost 0, to anyone. Not the user, not anyone else. We all know speed limits exist for a reason. Speeding is infinitely more dangerous than consuming marijuana. It should have never been illegal. It was not made illegal because it is a danger to society, it was made illegal for various other reasons which do not and have never benefited the population.
    I can understand why harder drugs were made illegal, they are, or can be, dangerous. However, now that we see (some of us) that the war on drugs is a farce and a complete failure, something should change.

Getting off topic

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    @AustinBR

I guess on the bright side this thread has opened my eyes to a total of four slightly nutty people on here. It was previously just one. I can only imagine their Facebook rantings.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    @AustinBR

I guess on the bright side this thread has opened my eyes to a total of four slightly nutty people on here. It was previously just one. I can only imagine their Facebook rantings.
    Even though I know I am not one of those 3 or 4 people, because I am totally based, I feel compelled to say this.

All my socializing is done between my family, my coworkers and the little bit I post here. I'm not popular enough among the general public or people in general, to have an audience worth ranting to. I like it that way.
    I have Instagram but very rarely post anything, just use it for scrolling.
    So, you should feel special, that I bestow great knowledge upon you. I only do it because I know, this is the way.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    It really is sad to see or hear of another person punished for something that should have never been illegal, and then blame it on said person.
    Look I personally feel weed should be legal but it’s not (as of now). I don’t enjoy seeing people go to jail for a simple weed offense BUT I also don’t lose sleep over it, playing games with freedom because someone thinks a law is unjust is just plan crazy IMO. Everyone points out that LEOs took an oath to up hold the law when it comes to freedoms but get mad at the LEOs for upholding laws that they don’t agree with. I feel a lot of laws are BS but blaming the LEOs for enforcing them is pretty silly. Follow the proper channels and work to change the laws you don’t like.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Look I personally feel weed should be legal but it’s not (as of now). I don’t enjoy seeing people go to jail for a simple weed offense BUT I also don’t lose sleep over it, playing games with freedom because someone thinks a law is unjust is just plan crazy IMO. Everyone points out that LEOs took an oath to up hold the law when it comes to freedoms but get mad at the LEOs for upholding laws that they don’t agree with. I feel a lot of laws are BS but blaming the LEOs for enforcing them is pretty silly. Follow the proper channels and work to change the laws you don’t like.
    All good changes made in society start from discussion. I don't remember blaming cops for enforcing laws, because I know how deep the psychological haze of society actually is. Once you realize how the cultural norms are formed, you start to understand why thing are the way they are. Most people don't sit and analyze these things because they never cross their mind, or because they think that there is no purpose because they are powerless to it anyway. It's not a pretty thing, to admit the true nature, and state of society, and to know you are powerless to it. At the same time, I personally feel better having some understanding and be powerless, rather than to be oblivious and still be powerless but have culture dictate my thoughts and reasoning.

The world is ****, it will always be ran by people who do not care about you. Don't accept everything at face value. Be happy. Bestow great knowledge. The end.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    You notice how people with authoritarian beliefs, once their argument is soundly defeated in principle and the injustice is pointed out, start to just belittle things and try to make a joke out of everything? Instead of admitting that they are wrong, or that they actually are for being/having privileged classes of people, or challenging their own beliefs and ideals to become better people, they just try to flip the table or derail a civil discussion so none can see what was being talked about.
    It's part of being woke, just a different side of the radical liberal/authoritarian philosophies that people have without realizing it. It's part of the problem, but it's getting better. Libertarians birthed the Tea Party, the Tea Party birthed Trump's MAGA movement, and it will get better and more Libertarian over time because it's the right way to live and it's based on the wisdom and principle of the Founding of our beautiful nation. This forum HAS changed. Instead of me arguing alone for Libertarian principles against dozens of authoritarians, there are several other people arguing for liberty against a tiny group of "For me not thee" authoritarians of which about half are mods for the website. lol
    Yes I’ve noticed.
    Who are those four?
    he’s definitely one of them. Takes one to know one. Notice how he goes straight for the insult. That’s a sure sign of what you’re dealing with. Try that ignore feature.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    This thread is getting boring, apparently manimal defeated all of the opposing arguments. Oh well

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I want to be able to carry handcuffs as a Civilian and not have to wear them to get away with it!

AAAHAHAHAAA!!!

Carry as many cuffs as you want. Me personally, I’m trying to remove as much from my belt as safely possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    The things we are talking about are not dangerous, like, at all, almost 0, to anyone. Not the user, not anyone else. We all know speed limits exist for a reason. Speeding is infinitely more dangerous than consuming marijuana. It should have never been illegal. It was not made illegal because it is a danger to society, it was made illegal for various other reasons which do not and have never benefited the population.
    I can understand why harder drugs were made illegal, they are, or can be, dangerous. However, now that we see (some of us) that the war on drugs is a farce and a complete failure, something should change.

Getting off topic
    that’s your opinion on marijuana use but far from fact. Also I much rather an employee that does cocaine over Marijuana. But would rather one that doesn’t do drugs at all. Many people try to justify their personal drug use but rarely can site actual studies done that prove it to be harmless. Mostly opinion articles or articles with poorly run “tests”

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    that’s your opinion on marijuana use but far from fact. Also I much rather an employee that does cocaine over Marijuana. But would rather one that doesn’t do drugs at all. Many people try to justify their personal drug use but rarely can site actual studies done that prove it to be harmless. Mostly opinion articles or articles with poorly run “tests”
    Seems you got it all figured out. At least that way, you could spot them easier; or maybe you just like cocaine.

594c7234b1965a92a7b83a75eb9ecd05.jpg

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I wish she had mentioned something about tinted windows. Missed a great opportunity to revive this thread. Maybe I'll join tic tok, so I can direct her attention and nudge her in that direction.

Remember, she speaks for most other officers. Her words, not mine.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I wish she had mentioned something about tinted windows. Missed a great opportunity to revive this thread. Maybe I'll join tic tok, so I can direct her attention and nudge her in that direction.

Remember, she speaks for most other officers. Her words, not mine.

Did you take issue with any or all of what she said?

Top Bottom