Vintage Military rifle competition training help in CenLa

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LaBelle

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Near Natchitoches
    Is anyone in the central area of Louisiana doing these matches? I'm near Natchitoches.

I want to try this style competition but would like to get some basic instruction in the procedures before attempting the "real thing".
    The guns I plan to use are a Swedish m96 and a Husqvarna m38 (6.5x55 is a little easier on my shoulder than .30-06!).

I've had them about a month & a half, but haven't had a chance to get to the range to even shoot them yet. I did pick up a couple battle packs of surplus Swedish ammo to get started.

leeshall

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Suburban NOLA
    Is anyone in the central area of Louisiana doing these matches? I'm near Natchitoches.

I want to try this style competition but would like to get some basic instruction in the procedures before attempting the "real thing".
    The guns I plan to use are a Swedish m96 and a Husqvarna m38 (6.5x55 is a little easier on my shoulder than .30-06!).

I've had them about a month & a half, but haven't had a chance to get to the range to even shoot them yet. I did pick up a couple battle packs of surplus Swedish ammo to get started.
    Well, we're not close to central Louisiana but every January we have a match for vintage military bolt action rifles in St. Bernard Parish in Poydras. We call it the "Salami Match" because we award food prizes. This match goes way back predating the CMP Vintage Matches by many years.
    There is also a Pearl Harbor/Battle of the Bulge Match in December at the Palo Alto range near Donaldsonville where Vintage Military Bolt Action rifles are welcome as well as Vintage Military semi-autos.

Top Bottom