Vortex uh-1holographic multiple overlapping reticles.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2aadvocate19

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 4, 2021
    Lake Charles, LA
    So the best easy to describe the problem is that the reticle looks like a kid was drawing circles on a paper over and over each circle with multiple imperfections. Needless to say. I'm highly disappointed. I have astigmatism and my red dots aren't even this bad. At least a 2 moa dot is just a ,

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Focus the camera on your phone and take a picture of the reticle. If the picture is clear or not the same, then you know it's your eye.
    This works and is a very good simple test.

I had and have plenty of holosuns, sig, etc and when I switched to a Aimpoint T2 it made a world of difference. I didnt want to believe it. It hought my mind was playing tricks on me because its a $800ish red dot....but it was worth it.

2aadvocate19

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 4, 2021
    Lake Charles, LA
    Focus the camera on your phone and take a picture of the reticle. If the picture is clear or not the same, then you know it's your eye.
    Did the camera test and it was hard to tell. Noticed that when I dont focus on the dot it's self or make a quick draw and fire its not all squiggly looking like I had described so I'm under the impression it's my eyes.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    Did the camera test and it was hard to tell. Noticed that when I dont focus on the dot it's self or make a quick draw and fire its not all squiggly looking like I had described so I'm under the impression it's my eyes.
    I switched to prisms recently because of this. I avoided them for a long time because they were so heavy, but now Vortex and Primary Arms are making some good ones that are very light.

The Primary Arms Cyclops 1x Gen 2 is small and lightweight they go for $250 right now plus shipping and tax.

The old Vortex Spitfire 1x is on sale for $140 plus tax here

The new Vortex Spitfire come in 3x and 5x but are awesome

Remember they do have have eye relief like a scope though

2aadvocate19

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 4, 2021
    Lake Charles, LA
    I switched to prisms recently because of this. I avoided them for a long time because they were so heavy, but now Vortex and Primary Arms are making some good ones that are very light.

The Primary Arms Cyclops 1x Gen 2 is small and lightweight they go for $250 right now plus shipping and tax.

The old Vortex Spitfire 1x is on sale for $140 plus tax here

The new Vortex Spitfire come in 3x and 5x but are awesome

Remember they do have have eye relief like a scope though
    I have a primary arms 5x prism that I use on my scar like an acog. It's great. But like you said the eye relief kinda bothers me when I want something for a quick shot. I might try the cyclops. What's the eye relief range for it?

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    They are saying 3.5 inches which is good enough, but it comes with all types of mounts including canted so you can get in a good position no matter what you put it on

Melancon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Lafayette Area
    Did the camera test and it was hard to tell. Noticed that when I don't focus on the dot it's self or make a quick draw and fire its not all squiggly looking like I had described so I'm under the impression it's my eyes.
    Holo/RDS are designed to work so you don't need to (and shouldn't) focus on the reticle. The more you focus on the reticle the more distorted and blurry it will become. Holo sights are designed to superimpose the reticle over the target that you are looking at. The more you can get used to running your optic with both eyes open and focusing on the downrange target the more you will enjoy your UH1 (or any other RDS/Holo.

-Mel

Andyroonie

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plaquemine
    So the best easy to describe the problem is that the reticle looks like a kid was drawing circles on a paper over and over each circle with multiple imperfections. Needless to say. I'm highly disappointed. I have astigmatism and my red dots aren't even this bad. At least a 2 moa dot is just a ,
    I know this is a few months old but that is how the vortex reticle is on the uh-1. It’s a bunch of dots to make up one picture.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom