Waiting period to sell a firearm after purchasing it from FFL dealer

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    Wow! Thanks for the form - I have not purchased anything since the form changed. I have not seen or read one. There may be other questions addressing straw sales. As usual, everything the Feral Gummit does increases our protection.

To quote question # 21. c...
    "c. Do you intend to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm listed on this form and any continuation sheet(s), or ammunition, in furtherance of any felony or other offense punishable by imprisonment for a term of more than one year, a Federal crime of terrorism, or a drug trafficking offense." (my emphasis)

What a STUPID question! Did Wuhan Joe author this? This is like the protection guaranteed by "GUN FREE " Zones. This is NOT related to "straw" sales - it "assures" that the potential buyer alleges no INTENT to resell the firearm or any ammo, to an (implied /avowed) felon, terrorist or drug dealer (with impled intent to commit said act). Do the avowed F's, T's or DD's carry certified credentials for ID? Should we check them?

No time limit on intent to dispose of. Note that "...felony or other..." offenses carrying sentences of LESS THAN ONE YEAR ... are not covered. What idiot would say "YES" to 21.c.?

Big Mother is watching (some of) us.
    Bro they are watching everyone on this website Roflol….

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    To be clear, there is no "waiting period law" for resale. There is such a thing as common sense though. Quick resale is frowned upon by ATF.
    That is what everyone else here is basically saying.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Idk how that even works out to be honest. The form has to match your ID. They (ID’s) only have male or female. If you choose non-binary it no longer matches.
    I’m all for them having “non binary” aka confused on the new 4473. If anyone selects nonbinary it’s an easy way to weed out the mentally ill

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    These days you have to be veeeerie careful how you fill out any governmential forms.... read carefully before answering questions.... possible multible questions tied together........Do not trust the government because they are not here to help you..................drill sgt.

RT8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2023
    Deep south
    You can buy it in Academy Sports, carry it straight outside to the car where your wife chews you out for blowing her new shoe money on Another gun this week, and sell it right then and there to the single guy that happened to overhear the argument and asked if you needed help, with the store receipt still warm in your pocket.

Intent is the key.

RT8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2023
    Deep south
    You can buy it in Academy Sports, carry it straight outside to the car where your wife chews you out for blowing her new shoe money on Another gun this week, and sell it right then and they're to the single guy that happened to overhear the argument and asked if you needed help, with the store receipt still earn in your pocket.

Intent is they key.

Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston
    You can buy it in Academy Sports, carry it straight outside to the car where your wife chews you out for blowing her new shoe money on Another gun this week, and sell it right then and there to the single guy that happened to overhear the argument and asked if you needed help, with the store receipt still warm in your pocket.

Intent is the key.
    You are joking, but I have bought that guys gun. I was working behind the counter at a small local gun shop when a guy walks in with a new in box Kimber. He had bought it THAT MORNING from another local gun shop. His wife chewed his ass when he got home and the other shop would not buy back his USED gun. (eyeroll) He brought it to us not wanting to sell it on the streets.

The sad part? The other shop is a "premium" upscale classy shop and had way over priced the Kimber, plus he had to pay the outrageous 10% local sales tax. I could not even offer him wholesale. If I wanted a new one for the shop, I would have already ordered one. He took a beating but understood how I arrived at my offer.

Reactions: RT8
    Top Bottom