Want to start reloading but have no idea where to start.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sonyman74

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 14, 2007
    Robeline, LA
    Well, I started to save my brass from my 45ACP and I know that prices are starting to go up again in Sep. so I thought I would start to reload the 45's and maybe do the 9mm later. I have no idea what the tools are called and what is a good brand to start with. Is there a site or a book I can get some knowledge from. Any help would be appreciated.

Forrest

REO
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    First thing you should do is buy Modern Reloading by Richard Lee. It will tell you everything you need to know.

I started on a Lee Press, it's great to test the waters with and see if you really want to spend time reloading. Of course, when I moved to the Dillon 650 I could press over 1000rds an hour instead of 250. But it also cost me 3x as much.

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    I shot with Larry last night from LA reloading and Supply, we talked over Hooters and I gave him the business card for this site, explaining that ppl had interested in learning the craft and such. Spanky it would probably be a good idea to start a seperate section after he registars for his shop and topic of reloading. I did the same with a local gun smith named um Lloyd Landry from ascension parish.. I am not sure of his shop's name though..

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    off topic.. but on the same note. Both of these gents shoot on monday's @ precision, see my post in ranges. Its a good way to get some valuable practice in without standing static and killing Paper Joe.. Lloyd is pretty F**in fast, with the super 38.. Alot of guys love me since I let em have the virgin brass 9mm, I just dont have the space to reload yet.. Coming soon if I get my house.. I already claimed the 2nd spot in the garage as "my man space"

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom