WANTED: Real world feedback G44 vs SR22 vs TX22

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ddk85

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 19, 2022
    Near Albany La
    Would you say trigger pull weight lighter too? Thanks BTW I have a digital trigger pull gauge if someone who has both would like to measure each of them to compare. I love light triggers, just ask Tactical723 about my triggers on my weapons.
    The trigger is actually quite nice on the tx22. very short reset. It has quite a bit of take-up, but it breaks really nice. Was pleasantly suprised at the trigger, considering how little it costs. Not sure on pull weight. Need to get a gauge one of these days.

Ddk85

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 19, 2022
    Near Albany La
    Would you say trigger pull weight lighter too? Thanks BTW I have a digital trigger pull gauge if someone who has both would like to measure each of them to compare. I love light triggers, just ask Tactical723 about my triggers on my weapons.
    Also like the grip. Perfect fit for me.

Attachments

• 20220910_222625.jpg
      20220910_222625.jpg
      657.8 KB · Views: 104

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I know the trigger on my P17 has a lot of travel but I’d say they both have about the same feel in pull weight. Neither seems very heavy at all to me.

Ddk85

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 19, 2022
    Near Albany La
    I know the trigger on my P17 has a lot of travel but I’d say they both have about the same feel in pull weight. Neither seems very heavy at all to me.
    Does yours break right as it's hitting the back of the frame? Maybe a half mm more and it'd hit the frame and not break?

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    Well after lots of research I came to this conclusion. Ruger - costs too much, Glock not as reliable as I want, Kel-Tec not as reliable like the Glock, so I got the TX22. I compared trigger pull to my wife's G42 both came in @ 5 lbs but the Glock wasn't as dead on every time. The Taurus read 5 lbs every time. I haven't got a chance to shoot it yet but I'm sure I will love it. The green/black grip is popular I see.

Attachments

• 20220917_110217.jpg
      20220917_110217.jpg
      494.8 KB · Views: 97

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    Yeah, the tx22 feels the best, imo. Trigger on my p17 breaks as it's hitting the back of the frame. Just a hair more creep, or a little give in the plastic trigger shoe and it wouldn't break. Odd
    This got me to part with the P11, too far back to get to the break. That and the really heavy and gritty feel. Got me away from the Keltec.

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    Well after lots of research I came to this conclusion. Ruger - costs too much, Glock not as reliable as I want, Kel-Tec not as reliable like the Glock, so I got the TX22. I compared trigger pull to my wife's G42 both came in @ 5 lbs but the Glock wasn't as dead on every time. The Taurus read 5 lbs every time. I haven't got a chance to shoot it yet but I'm sure I will love it. The green/black grip is popular I see.
    I think you made a great choice. I like the “Splatter” grip. The TX22 got me wanting to shoot 22 again. A super pistol. When you look at the price it can’t be beaten.

I can shoot crappy ammo from the 70’s & 80’s, no issues at all.

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    This got me to part with the P11, too far back to get to the break. That and the really heavy and gritty feel. Got me away from the Keltec.
    P11 was my first Kel-Tec and yes I hated the trigger. On KTOG.org there was some "fixes" that helped but not to where I was happy with it. If they could have fixed that trigger I would still own it.

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    **Update** After 600+ rds down the pipe and even sporting a red dot sight the TX22 is been flawless! I did buy a digital trigger pull gauge and measured the pull on it. It is always 4 lbs, hardly ever varies unlike some other guns I have which vary a ounce or two.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    **Update** After 600+ rds down the pipe and even sporting a red dot sight the TX22 is been flawless! I did buy a digital trigger pull gauge and measured the pull on it. It is always 4 lbs, hardly ever varies unlike some other guns I have which vary a ounce or two.
    That's great to hear.. I always enjoy my tx22. I rarely ever clean it. Just wipe it down, spray it with can air, and oil.

jungle33

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 21, 2023
    Utah
    I'm not interested in what sponsored YouTube cowboys have to say about the free pistol they're doing a review on. I care more about what people who spend their own cash on a 22lr trainer and then use it purposefully on a regular basis.

Thanks in advance for constructive feedback.
    I bought the Walther 22mag. Excellent. I have a youtube channel but is not monetized nor sponsored. It only had one misfeed and it was my fault.

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Well I love my TX22 and my MP5-22 also, two great guns to shoot and have loads of fun. Neither is picky with ammo and reliable as hell. Love my Dynamic Duo.

Attachments

• Duo.jpg
      Duo.jpg
      654.6 KB · Views: 40
    Top Bottom