WANTED: Real world feedback G44 vs SR22 vs TX22

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Yeeeeeees!!!!! Stupid iPad spellcheck must be made by liberals….
    1662282645054.gif

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    For the TX22 owners. Is it possible to add a lightweight red dot sight to it without and machine work??

I'm in the market for a good 22 pinker and was thinking about the P17 and its easy to add a red dot to it, but I think after reading all the reviews on the TX22 I'm leaning towards it. Thoughts??
    I heard you can use the plates they take the place of you rear sight.

Just what I read in a forum. No real world experience. Guy said it didn’t affect reliability.

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    I've found a deal on the Taurus and from what I've read here I'm sure it will be a great pinker so I'll get it soon. I've never been a Glock fan anyway, but my wife's CCW is a G42. If she likes it then great. Thanks for all the info guys!

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I've found a deal on the Taurus and from what I've read here I'm sure it will be a great pinker so I'll get it soon. I've never been a Glock fan anyway, but my wife's CCW is a G42. If she likes it then great. Thanks for all the info guys!
    I’m looking for another one. Is your deal better than this? (269.99)
    If so please post up

Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    I’m looking for another one. Is your deal better than this? (269.99)
    If so please post up

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Thanks, but $30 shipping… ouch. Still looks like a couple bucks cheaper.

Sapper

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I have had two barrels on my TX22. Feeds great and but chatters and keyholes randomly. Tried a friends and we cycled through different ammo and had the same results.

It’s got awesome features that others don’t, but hard to enjoy when it doesn’t seem to shoot well. At some point ill probably get the comp version and try again. Have a ruger M2 target. Great pistol

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    I have had two barrels on my TX22. Feeds great and but chatters and keyholes randomly. Tried a friends and we cycled through different ammo and had the same results.

It’s got awesome features that others don’t, but hard to enjoy when it doesn’t seem to shoot well. At some point ill probably get the comp version and try again. Have a ruger M2 target. Great pistol
    They had a batch that would key hole.. Id call taurus and see if they can help. Mine is 3yo with a few thousand rounds and runs fine.

Tactitools and blanket statements... Welcome to Bayoushooter.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana

Like WhereIsIt mentioned they had a bad run of barrels. I’m not sure the time frames or serial numbers but I would contact Taurus and get them to send you a replacement barrel.

They also had a bad batch of recoil spring assemblies that were digging into the frame causing it to eat itself and crack.

Three different copies and 0 issues personally. I’ve shot mine out to 25 yards with no keyholing whatsoever.

Ddk85

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 19, 2022
    Near Albany La

Oh wow, I need to check mine. I haven't shot it yet. Be my luck, it's one of the defective ones. :ugh:

Sapper

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Oh wow, I need to check mine. I haven't shot it yet. Be my luck, it's one of the defective ones. :ugh:
    I could see the uneven rifling in my first barrel, it leaded up badly and then keyholes constantly.

After trying to get Taurus to send a new barrel, I just bought one off their website finally. The bore looks great, it just randomly key holes, so it’s probably off a little. Say out of an entire 16 rd mag, 2 might randomly be oblong and way out of the group on paper.

I haven’t had much luck with Taurus CS. Had an issue with a 1911 years ago, my fault, but couldn’t get anyone on the phone to talk to me about replacement parts. Finally just went aftermarket.

I’ve had a number of their firearms, it knocking them in anyway, just stating my experience.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Like WhereIsIt mentioned they had a bad run of barrels. I’m not sure the time frames or serial numbers but I would contact Taurus and get them to send you a replacement barrel.

They also had a bad batch of recoil spring assemblies that were digging into the frame causing it to eat itself and crack.

Three different copies and 0 issues personally. I’ve shot mine out to 25 yards with no keyholing whatsoever.
    I’m currently looking for number 3. Neither of mine have had a single issue. I bought them about 2 years apart.

Ddk85

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 19, 2022
    Near Albany La
    I could see the uneven rifling in my first barrel, it leaded up badly and then keyholes constantly.

After trying to get Taurus to send a new barrel, I just bought one off their website finally. The bore looks great, it just randomly key holes, so it’s probably off a little. Say out of an entire 16 rd mag, 2 might randomly be oblong and way out of the group on paper.

I haven’t had much luck with Taurus CS. Had an issue with a 1911 years ago, my fault, but couldn’t get anyone on the phone to talk to me about replacement parts. Finally just went aftermarket.

I’ve had a number of their firearms, it knocking them in anyway, just stating my experience.
    That's too bad. I've had that experience with b&t. Great guns, not so great CS, imo.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I owned an SR-22 for a while . Got rid of it . It functioned flawlessly but it just didn't hold my interest . Most 22 Autos don't for some reason .

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I’m currently looking for number 3. Neither of mine have had a single issue. I bought them about 2 years apart.
    I had 3 but decided to sell one. I also have a spare barrel that I decided to buy not because I had any use for it but because I’m a sucker for spare parts with guns I own so when I saw they were available via the Taurus website I decided to buy one.

My original copy of the tx22 I purchased when it first came out. I sold that one after purchasing another one roughly a year later. Then I picked up the spare barrel and third copy of the tx22 in early 2022. So that’s four different tx22 barrels I’ve had and all of them have had no issue.

I do know the issue with bad barrels did/does exist with a batch of tx22 barrels but I’m not sure if the time frame. It’s an issue that’s been fixed though as well as the issue of the recoil spring assembly eating at the slide and causing it to crack. Any copy of the TX22 purchased now I would imagine will come issue free

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Ok I finally found one and put it on layaway (been out of work awhile). I handled the P17, G44 and the TX22 separately and definitely like the Taurus better. I didn't check out the Ruger due to price. For whatever the reason I didn't like the feel/weight of the G44 so basically it was between the P17 and the TX22 I could have saved a little money and got the P17 and the salesman had one and said it runs flawlessly even suppressed but fit/finish was nicer on the TX22. But for those who have both of these how are the triggers?

Bam Bam

Ddk85

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 19, 2022
    Near Albany La
    Ok I finally found one and put it on layaway (been out of work awhile). I handled the P17, G44 and the TX22 separately and definitely like the Taurus better. I didn't check out the Ruger due to price. For whatever the reason I didn't like the feel/weight of the G44 so basically it was between the P17 and the TX22 I could have saved a little money and got the P17 and the salesman had one and said it runs flawlessly even suppressed but fit/finish was nicer on the TX22. But for those who have both of these how are the triggers?

Bam Bam
    Yeah, the tx22 feels the best, imo. Trigger on my p17 breaks as it's hitting the back of the frame. Just a hair more creep, or a little give in the plastic trigger shoe and it wouldn't break. Odd

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Yeah, the tx22 feels the best, imo. Trigger on my p17 breaks as it's hitting the back of the frame. Just a hair more creep and it wouldn't break. Odd
    Would you say trigger pull weight lighter too? Thanks BTW I have a digital trigger pull gauge if someone who has both would like to measure each of them to compare. I love light triggers, just ask Tactical723 about my triggers on my weapons.

Top Bottom