wanting to build a makeship range ... questions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    i have a 1/2 acre that i can do whatever i want with as my house will be going on it in a year or so.

in the mean time, i'd like to do something so i can use it to do some shooting in the mean time.

i was thinking about just getting a load or two of dirt dumped on it at the far end of the property and set up some target holders in front of this. is this a good idea? has anyone done it?

any other suggestions are appreciated :x:

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    :rofl: It's on bayou narcisse right by roddy. my mom's house is the blue house set in the back. if you look behind the yellow house next to it, that's where it'll be (and where my house is going) :o

just have to find a cheap load of dirt :o

tunatuk

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Ascension Parish
    Post when it is up, I'm over at 74 and I-10, and will be over at your place all the time! Oh, and BTW I just got on with APSO so I can get word around to not worry about any gunfire coming from there.

Toby

bah
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2007
    CocoDrie Ferry
    Why not rent a backhoe or bobcat to dig a huge birm. Free dirt. Just the price of rental and diesel. Of course, then you'd have a big ditch, but, you'd also have a good solid birm.

Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    9 in sandbag will contain a 30-06 fmj at 10 ft , stopping the bullets not hard . the big problem is as soon as you start shooting , every bubba with 10 miles with a impact on his windshield will want you to finance it for him . maybe i'm a bit jaded , but I'd be real sure it wasn't readily visible to the public

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    What is behind your target area? Like red jacket said, liability is going to be a factor. What does your neighborhood look like? All it takes is one stray round.

Top Bottom