Wanting to purchase a .22 supressor

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    for a dedicated .22lr suppressor, I'd recommend a user serviceable one, (I.E. one that can be taken apart and cleaned) due to all the crud that .22lr leaves behind, and since the bullets are usually just copper washed/plated, rather than a copper jacket like a centerfire round. If you get one that does not have any aluminum in its construction, you can soak it in the various homebrew solutions that can be found on the net to dissolve most of the crud.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    for a dedicated .22lr suppressor, I'd recommend a user serviceable one, (I.E. one that can be taken apart and cleaned) due to all the crud that .22lr leaves behind, and since the bullets are usually just copper washed/plated, rather than a copper jacket like a centerfire round. If you get one that does not have any aluminum in its construction, you can soak it in the various homebrew solutions that can be found on the net to dissolve most of the crud.

Can you name any mfg./post links? Fair price?:)

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    I have the Spectre from SWR coming in. All stainless, completely comes apart for cleaning, full auto rated, also rated for 22 mag, 17hmr, 5.7mm. It's one of the priciest .22 cans but it covers more bases.

Aroundlsu stated that someone local had some for $200. Check with him on the brand.

Good Luck.

Doc Holliday

I'm your huckleberry...
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Watson, LA
    My Gemtech Outback II is at Will's waiting on my stamp to come in. We've shot it there a few times & it works well, but it can't be disassembled. It was in the $300 range.

Good luck!

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Belso in Lafayette had some in stock around $250. Will at Red Jacket sometimes has them in stock. Also try Landry's Guns in Livonia.

All these places have websites just ask Google.

Most places stock Yankee Hill Machine silencers (YHM). They are OK but are the cheaper entry level silecers. The Gemtechs and AAC silencers are the higher end companies but normally have waiting times to get one in.

I've been shooting .22LR through my .223 can with great results although everyone thinks I'm crazy for doing it.

Zack3g

Full Auto is fun!
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2007
    Lafayette
    the YHM mite is doing really well, particularly on short barreled pistols such as the P22.

shooting .22 through a .223 can will work..but if you do it a lot, you will gunk up your .223 can, and not only will it reduce the effectiveness of the can, it can actually lead to major problems down the road from all that gunk heating up under the .223 fire and breaking loose and whatnot.

YMMV.

Top Bottom