Waterfowlers check in

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IonicDOG

Hacker
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    Houma, LA
    I'll start off, I have a camp and some acres of land that I hunt off the Atchafalaya river in the Morgan City/Berwick area. Left friday, got out there and everything was fine untill the propane line busted and we didn't have a stove, alright we'll cook on the grill then about 3 hours later the generator comes to a dead stop, conclusion is that the motor threw a rod and is toast.:( So we spent the night there with no electricity, went hunting this morning didn't see a single duck...nothing. So I made up what I didn't kill in ducks with nutria, went all around the lease shooting 'em with a .22 most have killed 50 or so. :D

So post up where you hunt and how the season's been treating you so far.

Danny

USMC DM
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2007
    NE Louisiana
    Well that is some bad karma

I haven't hunted duck in about 3 years but I did go deer hunt this year (1st in 10 years now) and got a small 6 point.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    Used to hunt the Fort Jackson & Venice area until Katrina was nice enough to leave us campless. My dad has a camp just north of Golden Meadow, and for the last 2 seasons we have gone a few times to point-au-chien, and had a few decent trips, and some bad ones. Last weekend, my brother and another guy went back down to the Ft. Jackson area and shot limits both days quick. We do have a line on a lease down by my dads place, gonna go with the owner and hunt after the new year and see how it is going to pan out.

LA_Huntsman

Call of Booty
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    St. Joseph
    Everyone up here goes nuts over deer hunting. Want to make me happy? Show me a box of steel and a duck blind. Seen very little birds this year and I haven't even bothered going. Been busy with the whole jobless bit. Last year was so nice. You could almost bat them out of the air with a stick. We need a good cold snap to get them flying in. I need to practice my "Texas Waterfowler" style. I've been watching too much Tim Bradley.....:confused:

Oh yeah... I'm up here on the backside of Tensas Parish.

Top Bottom