We need help in Lafayette.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • youjoshinme

Fire, Fire, Fire!!!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    Carencro
    Would it be possible for someone to build a range around Lafayette somewhere for everyone to go? Barney's sucks and Hub city wants an arm and a leg to join. Sheriffs office range is a joke. They only open on Sat. from 9-1. What good is that? It usually takes a little while to get warmed up. Sherburne is fun, but a little drive away. We need help.

Garra

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Lafayette
    Sheriffs is open Sunday 8 till 1 or 2pm I believe.

Personally I like Barneys. :)

But I certainly would not mind another range to open up!

Garra

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Lafayette
    Oh by the way, I have not been, but several people I work with say the New Iberia Sheriffs Range is waaaaay better than the Lafayette Sheriffs range. It isnt super close, but it isnt unrealistically far away. If you have not, ya may want to give it a go.

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    The IPSO range is not bad at all. Especially for free!!! I have been to Barney's a few times but last time it went it got crowded and it was WAY UNSAFE. People loading and chambering at the tables in back and sweeping there muzzels across everyone as they turned to go to their firing line. I almost double tapped a guy w/ a .22 pistol that kept pointing his loaded gun in my direction.

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    Would it be possible for someone to build a range around Lafayette somewhere for everyone to go? Barney's sucks and Hub city wants an arm and a leg to join. Sheriffs office range is a joke. They only open on Sat. from 9-1. What good is that? It usually takes a little while to get warmed up. Sherburne is fun, but a little drive away. We need help.

About Hub City, buying 600 acres of land and building a range, paying for insurance, bringing in a power line thousands of feet, ect. ain't cheap. Your first year cost you 8 boxes of ammo at $25 bucks a box. Every year thereafter it's half that.
    Not much for a good range.

http://www.hcrpc.com/

IPSO is a great range, althought it does get crowded at times.

Art

Last edited:

wadepat2

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jan 10, 2008
    Delcambre,La
    Barneys sucks, I just let my membership expire(always broken lanes,unsafe employees and patrons,store sucks,lighting and ventilation bad),
    I dont think Hub City is overpriced since you can have 2 guest on the range with you and their seems to be alot of lanes and room. Its still a little far for me. I will probably join after hunting season any way.

wadepat2

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jan 10, 2008
    Delcambre,La
    Art Im in Erath and have come really close to signing up. I actually have the pamphlet on the dash of my truck from the last 2 gun shows.

How long does it take you to get there from NewIberia?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom