Weight loss and general health.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    So 3-1/2 months ago I was diagnosed with severe fatty liver disease and decided to make lifestyle changes. I cut out all unhealthy foods/drinks and strictly control portion size. I’ve lost 90lbs and for the 1st time in 15+ years the doctor has taken me off all meds. I also had HORRIBLE acid reflux and it’s gone along with my mind feeling more clear it’s amazing what a healthy lifestyle feels like. I’m still stressed about the fatty liver but the doctor believes based on my results and strict diet it should be improved when we do the next liver test. It’s such a nice feeling to lose weight but that feeling when the doctor took me off all the meds was absolutely amazing.

Big H

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 3, 2010
    Lake Charles, La. 70607
    So 3-1/2 months ago I was diagnosed with severe fatty liver disease and decided to make lifestyle changes. I cut out all unhealthy foods/drinks and strictly control portion size. I’ve lost 90lbs and for the 1st time in 15+ years the doctor has taken me off all meds. I also had HORRIBLE acid reflux and it’s gone along with my mind feeling more clear it’s amazing what a healthy lifestyle feels like. I’m still stressed about the fatty liver but the doctor believes based on my results and strict diet it should be improved when we do the next liver test. It’s such a nice feeling to lose weight but that feeling when the doctor took me off all the meds was absolutely amazing.
    Astronomical weight loss in just 3.5 months---Bravo---Keep up the good work. What was your staring weight if you don't mind me asking.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Astronomical weight loss in just 3.5 months---Bravo---Keep up the good work. What was your staring weight if you don't mind me asking.
    I was 315lbs March of this year and I’m currently 226lbs. Around 15 years ago I quit smoking (3 packs a day) was 220lbs at that point and just started putting on weight. Was on 2 blood pressure meds and cholesterol meds for the last 10 years along with relentless acid reflux and frequent gout flare ups. 3-1/2 months of strict diet change (no exercise) and I literally feel better than ever and off all meds.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Congratulations! I plan to show my your post and let her know it can be done WITHOUT EXERCISE.
    You know I’ve had people tell me you can’t out train a bad diet and I’d think BS. I decided to do this with diet and diet only and wow I’m amazed at the results also have to admit I’ve been really wrong in the past. When I went to the doctor for a follow up she straight up asked me if I went to another doctor and got those (weight loss shots) my wife and I were shocked when she asked that. When we explained to her how strict my diet was she was amazed and couldn’t wait for the lab results (totally improved all blood work across the board). I’m now a believer in eating healthy and this has to be a permanent change for me as I feel so much better physically and mentally!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    You know I’ve had people tell me you can’t out train a bad diet and I’d think BS. I decided to do this with diet and diet only and wow I’m amazed at the results also have to admit I’ve been really wrong in the past. When I went to the doctor for a follow up she straight up asked me if I went to another doctor and got those (weight loss shots) my wife and I were shocked when she asked that. When we explained to her how strict my diet was she was amazed and couldn’t wait for the lab results (totally improved all blood work across the board). I’m now a believer in eating healthy and this has to be a permanent change for me as I feel so much better physically and mentally!
    It's literally as simple as calories in minus calories expended. Gas in the tank - engine use. If you're eating less than you're burning, the calories will have to come from somewhere.

The adage of not outworking a bad diet is 100% correct.

I'd definitely recommend adding some supplemental fitness to engage your muscles. It'll help you not lose muscle as quickly as you lose fat.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    It's literally as simple as calories in minus calories expended. Gas in the tank - engine use. If you're eating less than you're burning, the calories will have to come from somewhere.

The adage of not outworking a bad diet is 100% correct.

I'd definitely recommend adding some supplemental fitness to engage your muscles. It'll help you not lose muscle as quickly as you lose fat.
    I agree with calories in and calories used but this is the 1st time I do it with clean calories as in healthy food and I really think that’s playing a big role in such good bloodwork and lower blood pressure.

I work a very physical job and have been monitoring myself for muscle loss and so far it’s staying in check, I’m definitely gonna start working out but needed to get some weight off my joints 1st.

I still got a lot of work and learning to do but it’s so worth the effort. Thanks for the post.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I agree with calories in and calories used but this is the 1st time I do it with clean calories as in healthy food and I really think that’s playing a big role in such good bloodwork and lower blood pressure.

I work a very physical job and have been monitoring myself for muscle loss and so far it’s staying in check, I’m definitely gonna start working out but needed to get some weight off my joints 1st.

I still got a lot of work and learning to do but it’s so worth the effort. Thanks for the post.
    You are doing what so many people refuse to do, bettering yourself. Keep it up. Every step in the direction that you're going is a good step!

sil-40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Congrats on the success and stick with it. Keep in mind that the more drastic changes you make to your lifestyle, even good ones, can be hard to sustain long term which is what the ultimate goal is. Make the positive changes at a pace you can tolerate and keep going. There is a reason so many people put on weight after weight loss success and it's because they couldn't maintain an unsustainable "program". Also, plan to give yourself room for minor, temporary setbacks. They happen to everyone. Don't let speed bumps derail you and keep your eye on the long-term prize.

Another common place I see people give up is the plateau. You reach a certain point where, no matter what you do, the weight loss slows and you lose motivation. Power through it and change something up. Switch up your diet...add a new exercise...something. Just don't quit on it. Stalled gains is a good sign even if it's a little frustrating.

After a while, you'll start to realize how good feeling healthy feels and you'll wonder how you managed to feel the way you did. Poor health is, unfortunately, too many American's baseline for how they think they should feel. It's good your body gave you a wake-up call before it was too late.

Shotall

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2024
    Dallas, Tx
    Discipline and dedication pay off! Congrats.

Richard Michael

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2021
    Walker, La.
    Unfortunatly I am in the opposite position. I am trying to GAIN weight back. In 2017 I weighed 260 lbs, today I am 145 lbs. I DO NOT recommend cancer as a weight loss program!!! it sucks!!! I am having a hard time getting enough nutrition because I have to drink most of my food. No taste, no smell, no teeth makes any type of food depressing! The silver lining to all that is I am still standing upright and breathing on my own. God is good, even to the wicked!!

Top Bottom