Weld/Pinning flash hider?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    Anyone know of any shops that can weld and pin a flashhider on a barrel for me?

I would rather give my business to someone local than send it out.

Thanks.

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    Just one last question, should assemble the upper before pinning the fh or after?

Or what parts need to be on the barrel before pinning?
    I think just the gas block and barrel nut since Im going with a freefloat handguard.

By the way it is an ar15 barrel.

ETA: How much do you charge?

Last edited:

yamarider450

EO1(SCW)U.S NAVY SEABEE
    Rating - 92.3%
    11   1   1
    Jun 1, 2008
    Slidell, la
    I have a 870 express that a buddy gave me . the ejector clip came off and he tried to replace it and screwed up the rivet. The manual says it comes out but he did not have the right tool. can you take a look at it or recommend someone who can thanks. AND SORRY DID NOT MEAN TO THREAD JACK

Last edited:

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    Just one last question, should assemble the upper before pinning the fh or after?

Or what parts need to be on the barrel before pinning?
    I think just the gas block and barrel nut since Im going with a freefloat handguard.

By the way it is an ar15 barrel.

ETA: How much do you charge?

why dont you thread the barrel ? price would be the same. I'm in the mood for trades. Whatcha got ?

I have a 870 express that a buddy gave me . the ejector clip came off and he tried to replace it and screwed up the rivet. The manual says it comes out but he did not have the right tool. can you take a look at it or recommend someone who can thanks. AND SORRY DID NOT MEAN TO THREAD JACK

Where are you at ?

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    why dont you thread the barrel ? price would be the same. I'm in the mood for trades. Whatcha got ?

Barrel is threaded, its 14.5" and I need it to be 16" so I dont have to do a sbr, and the only way to do that is to permanently attach the flash hider.

I would trade, but I really like the barrel I got. And if this build shoots as good as I think it will, I will more than likely be selling off my 16" DPMS AR.

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    If it is threaded you should probably just pin it. Welding and pinning might be overkill. Silver solder and pin might be overkill, too.
    A nice pin job and you could remove the FH with simple hammer and punch, in case you need to change handguards or sight or gas block or something. Drive the pin out, unscrew, do whatever, screw back on, drive the pin in.
    Just my opinion.

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    Yes, but to avoid trouble with the atf and going to jail, I would rather just abide by there rules and make it permanent. Once its built I really dont see myself changing anything anyway.

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    Yes, but to avoid trouble with the atf and going to jail, I would rather just abide by there rules and make it permanent. Once its built I really dont see myself changing anything anyway.

Pinning is permanent.
    But, if you weld, pinning is not necessary.

Jon

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 13, 2006
    BR "City of Central"
    Pinning is permanent.
    But, if you weld, pinning is not necessary.

The standard is to pin and weld over the pin.
    pinned.jpg

Last edited:

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    Maybe its a 14.7" barrel :dunno:

Barrel is threaded, its 14.5" and I need it to be 16" so I dont have to do a sbr, and the only way to do that is to permanently attach the flash hider.

I would trade, but I really like the barrel I got. And if this build shoots as good as I think it will, I will more than likely be selling off my 16" DPMS AR.

I understand that. But if you blind pin it you do not need to weld it too. you asked for both. Maybe reading comp owns me

Last edited:

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central

lol, you miss understood what I was saying but thats OK.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sollidus_
    Top Bottom