Well there goes the senate. Looks like gun reform is coming including red flag laws

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • king4456

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    This will happen some 10,000 times per year when this law takes effect

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220623-054307_rif is fun.jpg
      Screenshot_20220623-054307_rif is fun.jpg
      178.2 KB · Views: 115

king4456

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    What really happens once red flag laws take effect

Attachments

• https___bucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com_public_images_996697d1...png
      https___bucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com_public_images_996697d1...png
      192.9 KB · Views: 133

TickleChain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2022
    Castle Doctrine
    It all sounds good natured on paper, even the "red flag" laws tend to sound promising to people that either don't own guns or don't know any better.
    I know better than to trust that any of what is said on paper won't be enforced in such a way that is either not misused/abused or simply used as another way to funnel tax payer dollars into corrupt pockets.

I recently read that "red flag laws" have been used some 8,000 times in Florida alone.

frankinola

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012

Risk protection orders​

In Florida, orders last for one year, and can be extended for another 12 months. At the time of the shooting in Uvalde, there were 2,845 people under risk protection orders in Florida, according to the state Department of Law Enforcement.
    Judges may require someone to undergo a mental health or substance abuse treatment before the order is lifted. However, unless convicted of a felony, most people are likely to get their firearms returned after a year.
    Tampa city attorney Michael Schmid described an individual under the influence of a drug who was acting strange in public and making people uncomfortable. Police confronted him and found guns in every part of his car. They later searched his home and found an arsenal of 100 guns "if not more," Schmid said, with some hidden in stuffed animals and a cat scratch post. A sign in the house said, "If they ever come in my house, I'm not going easy."

its a cnn article so take it for what it is worth.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Could someone's misinterpretation of this shirt set off a red flag?

Do you even have to ask? Absolutely it can. Anything can. Your neighbor could call and say they are concerned you may be up to something because they saw you carrying a new gun or maybe some ammo inside. Literally anyone can call with no real reason.

TickleChain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2022
    Castle Doctrine
    Please post cite/reference. Would be interested in what was considered a use of these red flag laws.
    I tried to find where I read it but couldn't find the same article.
    In searching I saw an article from 2020 that claimed Florida had used their red flag laws some 3,500 times from their adoption of it in 2018 to sometime in 2020 when the article was published.

I'm not claiming these numbers are facts. Just stating I read the articles or pieces of articles.

I'd love to find the actual data, numbers and "reasons" for confiscation.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Could someone's misinterpretation of this shirt set off a red flag?

Uh yeah, I’m gonna say the shirt itself is a red flag…or would be considered to be one.

Top Bottom