What are the laws regarding a firearm in a state forest/park?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Still ont understand how something can be constitutionally protected only in certain imaginary geographic locations :rofl:

You can do what you want with your gun in a vehicle in a school zone but not outside of one. :rofl:

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Still ont understand how something can be constitutionally protected only in certain imaginary geographic locations :rofl:

You can do what you want with your gun in a vehicle in a school zone but not outside of one. :rofl:

Well if NOLAcop is saying that your vehicle being constitutionally protected only counts for gun free zones, I will call him wholly wrong. The gun free zones is a stupidity that is only several years old and the state was poked into by the feds. The constitution was written and revised in 1974 and beyond. The new law in 2008 was specific to stop employers from forbiding employees from having a lawful firearm in their car at work. It may also point to school parking lots as well. I remember a number of years ago a student at Central high was accosted by morons because his deer rifle was in his truck while he was in class. Not sure whatever happened with that, but who ever started the procedure to have him arrested and expelled needed a hobby.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Where are you going hiking? I've always carried when I hiked... Most of Black Creek Trail is on federal land and never had a problem. The rangers in the area didn't seem concerned.
    I'd keep it somewhere I could reach it. I'd be more concerned about encountering feral dogs than 2 legged problems, but both can happen.

Paulup

dot dot dot
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Bush, La
    nolacopusmc, I posted that statute because it states that having a firearm in your vehicle is constitutionally protected, and left the school zone part out because its completely irrelevant to the point I was making. Sure, if you remove their gun and disassemble it on the side of the road, the constitution no longer protects it, but I was still correct in the point I was making.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    nolacopusmc, I posted that statute because it states that having a firearm in your vehicle is constitutionally protected, and left the school zone part out because its completely irrelevant to the point I was making. Sure, if you remove their gun and disassemble it on the side of the road, the constitution no longer protects it, but I was still correct in the point I was making.

Yeah but if it said it in the school zone statute, it only applies to the school zone statute. ;)

Paulup

dot dot dot
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Bush, La
    Yeah but if it said it in the school zone statute, it only applies to the school zone statute. ;)

roflcopter.gif

I love this place.

D0NNY

That guy
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Houma, La
    Well, I'm headed to a National Forest, and it's perfectly OK to open carry in those. Thanks for all the responses every one. Here's to hoping the rain won't be too bad on Monday.

D0NNY

That guy
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Houma, La
    Where are you going hiking? I've always carried when I hiked... Most of Black Creek Trail is on federal land and never had a problem. The rangers in the area didn't seem concerned.
    I'd keep it somewhere I could reach it. I'd be more concerned about encountering feral dogs than 2 legged problems, but both can happen.

Kisatchie National Forest

Top Bottom