What are your religious beliefs?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What are you?

• Roman Catholic

Votes: 46 41.1%
    • Eastern Orthodoxy

Votes: 1 0.9%
    • Baptist

Votes: 25 22.3%
    • Reformed Baptist

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Presbyterian

Votes: 2 1.8%
    • Pentecostal/AoG

Votes: 9 8.0%
    • Non-Denom

Votes: 22 19.6%
    • Methodist

Votes: 3 2.7%
    • SDA

Votes: 1 0.9%
    • Lutheran

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Just wanted to know what type of people we have running around here. Poll is for Christians mainly.

If Atheist or agnostic just put in post.

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Atheist.

I don't have a problem with "God", though, I just don't think he's any more real than people make him. However, if I were to be shown that he is real, I would love that. So much less stress thinking that someone is out there running this show. (Does that mean I am agnostic now?)

I grew up SDA, FWIW. It's nice that you included SDA in your poll! So many people asked me "Are you, like, a Mormon?" Wow...
    The biggest down-fall of the SDA church is not doing the work in their own back yard. They have THE LARGEST outreach program...overseas. At home? Nobody has a clue who they are.

PS. Yes, I still have morals, understand right/wrong, believe in helping others, blah blah blah.

Last edited:

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Atheist.

I don't have a problem with "God", though, I just don't think he's any more real than people make him. However, if I were to be shown that he is real, I would love that. So much less stress thinking that someone is out there running this show. (Does that mean I am agnostic now?)

I grew up SDA, FWIW. It's nice that you included SDA in your poll! So many people asked me "Are you, like, a Mormon?" Wow...
    The biggest down-fall of the SDA church is not doing the work in their own back yard. They have THE LARGEST outreach program...overseas. At home? Nobody has a clue who they are.

PS. Yes, I still have morals, understand right/wrong, believe in helping others, blah blah blah.

What's SDA?

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    What's SDA?

Exactly. It's sad. Not your fault you don't know, they just do absolutely NOTHING to educate others on their beliefs here in America. It's all over-seas, even though they are based in America.

Here is a link for you, so I don't mis-speak on anything, they have 27 or 28 fundamental beliefs (Some people group 2 of these into one, which is why the variance): http://www.adventist.org/beliefs/fundamental/index.html

del4

All around nice guy.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Walker
    Agnostic, raised Methodist went to Assm. of God for a few years then became a very sincere Southern Baptist. I used to actually say I was a Christian that went to a S.B.C. church. Now I'm an Agnostic.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Seriously??
    This **** again??
    I say this thread makes it 6 pages before lock.
    Oh come on, let the post at least get on page 2 before it gets violent :x:
    Well let's get it started...
    jesusdrivingblak.jpg

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Agnostic, raised Methodist went to Assm. of God for a few years then became a very sincere Southern Baptist. I used to actually say I was a Christian that went to a S.B.C. church. Now I'm an Agnostic.

Why? PM if you prefer, or of course it's personal, so no offense taken if you don't care to discuss.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I was baptized Episcopalian and went to Catholic High School but haven't been to church in decades.. We are just heathens I guess. I don't understand the attraction to it all.

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Personally I was raised non-denomination (pretty much Assemblies of God), but after being saved almost a year ago God reformed me. My views are Calvinistic in nature, and I hold to a large majority of the WCF.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    I'm reading this thread, because I absolutely can't resist the lure of an impending train wreck.

Ever read "Chronicle of A Death Foretold" by that guy who did "100 years of Solitude"? He's like the Spanish version of Kundera. This thread reminds me of his books.

[edit]

Marquez

Top Bottom