what flashlight?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrwiggins

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 17, 2006
    East of Hammond
    hey fellas. just got done doing a little studying for the gmat, and i started to think about hunting. i like to keep my surefire e2d in my pocket, and it's great but it has weak points, such as heat, low running time, and those weird batteries.

what flashlight do yall use? what are yalls specs for a good flashlight? here are mine:

water proof/shock proof

end cap switch, like you find on most of your surefire lights and a lot of flashlights these days.

LED- thats a handy thing to have, led are great, don't burn out, are bright etc.

high and low settings to save batteries

good running time

a belt clip

pocket sized (between 3 inches and 8 inches)

at first i didn't like my light running on those cr123a batteries, but i love my e2d

the thing is, there are better things out there, great lights all over the net, i've really been eyeballing the surefire e2l or the new e2d led, but i hate surefire prices, man, 136$ for a flashlight is steep. what do yall have? lets discuss light options.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I'm carrying a G2 right now but as soon as funds allow, I'll be picking up an E1L.

At 4", my G2 is annoying pocket carried because sometimes it goes horizontal on me, hense the switch to the shorter E1L.

mrwiggins

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 17, 2006
    East of Hammond
    cool

I'm carrying a G2 right now but as soon as funds allow, I'll be picking up an E1L.

At 4", my G2 is annoying pocket carried because sometimes it goes horizontal on me, hense the switch to the shorter E1L.

the El1 looks handy, runtime isn't bad either,,,

what criteria do you look for in a good light spanky?

Conceyted

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Metairie, LA
    I would take a look at Fenix-Store.com They have a wide variety of great and affordable flashlights. If you pop in over at candlepowerforums most people rave about fenix. Find the one that you like best and you won't be sorry.

Top Bottom