What If...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La

from there site, maybe i am miss reading it​

Charging​

Home charging equipment is not included

Wall Connector
    $400
    Mobile Connector
    Est. Shipment: Based on Vehicle Delivery
    $20
    Technically you can charge from home with what's included. The fast charger is extra.

Tactitools and blanket statements... Welcome to Bayoushooter.

Markmmg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    you can run gasoline or diesel pumps/station on a generator. Fill that generator tank with the gasoline or diesel from the station. Happened after Ida, local grid down. I can easily carry 3 gallons of gas to my car (60+ miles of range). Can you do that with your Tesla if its dead on the side of the road?
    I live in Louisiana and have been through many hurricanes. Absolutely NONE of the gas stations around have generators for backup power. When the power goes out, nobody can buy gas.

Markmmg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    I think after Katrina Louisiana passed a regulation that service stations of a certain size have to have a generator to run the pumps in emergencies when electricity is lost.
    That is not accurate. I live in Baton Rouge and I do not know of any gas stations that have back up generators. and many have been built around me since Katrina.

Markmmg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    Or get back home. Florida Power and Light reported 2 million without power after Ian, three days ago. No grid power, no re-charging EV period. I'm sticking to my ICE til they ban it, or gasoline is $11 a gallon in Louisiana.

If your EV stops on the freeway, out of power, can you catch a ride or walk and get a jug of energy? A five gallon can of electricity? Do you call AAA and ask for a jump? LOL
    No power grid also means no re-fueling gas powered cars. Gas pumps require electricity just like EV charging stations require electricity. And I live in Louisiana where we frequently get hit by hurricanes and NO gas stations have back up generators. When the power goes out you cannot buy gas. No matter what kind of vehicle you have, you have to have electricity to re-fuel it.

Enal

FIDO
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I guess the majority hasn’t read about the biggest grid in FL that is a 700,000 panel mega-cluster didn’t have but 2% damage and was still pumping out energy to homes that didn’t have damage to the power lines or transformers! How do I know?!! Because I just returned from performing thermal inspections via UAV for 3 major areas and half of the 700k panel structure so that their local pilots could focus on assessing the actual damage.
    Actually many of the emergency vehicles are full EV (Tesla SUV) and they all had their own energy stations.

I still don’t get the resistance to moving forward that so many have. So the EV’s don’t make full sense right now, but for every Nerd/Dork that owns one, that allows for less pollution for some more Bubba’s to Roll Coal on their Big Ass Diesel! Now that being said, I used my 43’ 500hp diesel pusher coach to get down there with my towed F-150 Hybrid and live for several days and get the job done.

While it’s still taking fossil fuels to make most of these products and produce energy for them and there still exits a point of diminishing return, what’s the big deal that you have with solar panels on your home or in your backyard to drop your bill down to $50 every month or actually sell back to Energy or DEMCO?!!

I bet that none would have a problem if they discovered a giant pocket of Natural Gas under your property that you wouldn’t laugh all the way to the bank every month! While it still also takes fossil fuels to remove fossil fuels it still turns a huge profit!

I didn’t realize that talking trash and looking stupid was still the best look these days, guess so!!!

Markmmg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    I did think of the people who had EV's trying to evacuate. Where to charge along the way, could they get far enough?
    That is the biggest problem with EVs, the charging infrastructure just is not wide spread enough right now.

Markmmg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    I would definitely buy a electric vehicle if the charging stations were more wide spread. I drive in some remote country areas on a regular basis and I never see charging stations around when I need gas. Two years ago we towed a camper from Louisiana to Colorado. We drove through remote areas of Texas and New Mexico and I never saw an EV charging station. My brother has a Tesla and it is a really cool car, packed with technology. EVs will eventually replace gas powered cars but I will not buy one until the charging stations are about as wide spread as gas stations.

This is a great story about two people that drove from Chicago to New Orleans in an EV. They had a horrible time trying to charge the vehicle along the way. https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/electric-car-four-day-trip-more-time-charging-sleeping

Last edited:

sarky

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Be failing miserably as a state like California… it’s been proven over time the cost of maintenance and repair for windmills is not feasible.. and with solar panels and electric cars you need lithium batteries which is 10 times more harmful to the environment to mine, impose more of a hazardous waste, and expensive to replace… not to mention every time a hurricane comes they had to rebuild it all lol
    It's a shame you don't know what you are talking about. 1: most solar systems have battery back up which gives you 24 to 72 hours of back up power. 2: as for bad for the environment fossil fuels and the cars that burn are bad for the environment during their entire lifespan, then you have pipelines leak, acid rain and all the other environmental impacts of drilling for the oil. 3: once the storm is over, if you have solar and provided it is intact, guess what? you have power back

sarky

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    I would definitely buy a electric vehicle if the charging stations were more wide spread. I drive in some remote country areas on a regular basis and I never see charging stations around when I need gas. Two years ago we towed a camper from Louisiana to Colorado. We drove through remote areas of Texas and New Mexico and I never saw an EV charging station. My brother has a Tesla and it is a really cool car, packed with technology. EVs will eventually replace gas powered cars but I will not buy one until the charging stations are about as wide spread as gas stations.

This is a great story about two people that drove from Chicago to New Orleans in an EV. They had a horrible time trying to charge the vehicle along the way. https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/electric-car-four-day-trip-more-time-charging-sleeping
    just remember, when gas powered cars first came out, you had to plan any trips around the availability of gas stations which were few and far apart, plus you might get to a gas station and they are out of gas. The infrastructure is being built, it will take time, but in the meantime, battery capacity is getting better and range is getting better

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    just remember, when gas powered cars first came out, you had to plan any trips around the availability of gas stations which were few and far apart, plus you might get to a gas station and they are out of gas. The infrastructure is being built, it will take time, but in the meantime, battery capacity is getting better and range is getting better
    Lol when gas cars came out we didn’t have any other gas use for transportation… 99% of America has elect ran to it.. we drive under and around power lines lol silly rabbit… not even a close comparison

Even though way back then, I could fill a milk jug with gas and keep going… in the year 2022 we can’t even have a spot to charge a elect car let alone power it ourselves if needed

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I live in Louisiana and have been through many hurricanes. Absolutely NONE of the gas stations around have generators for backup power. When the power goes out, nobody can buy gas.
    Well I can only tell you this. After Ida and my power was out for 9 full days, there was one self serve station on N. Railroad Ave in Hammond (west of the mall) about half a mile from my house had power and was selling fuel. It was a super busy place until they ran out of gas. So words like "absolute" and "never" are for fools, imo. I too have lived here for 62 years and have endured every hurricane to hit south LA since 1960. My house and car were flooded by Isaac 8-29-2012 in Laplace.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    All about preparing… I live in the country all my local gas stations have generators… even if they didn’t I have more than enough gas saved up for a storm to run my 12k generator for 8 days without a re supply, and longer if I need to make it last, but usually with hurrincanes my area is only accessible by boat with the flood waters… wonder if they gonna make electric boats also

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Me too. After Ida, I have stepped up my gasoline storage for my smaller port gen. Now 7 five gallon containers treated with SeaFoam marine. I made it 8 full days after Ida til Entergy power at my house was restored. It was tough towards the end, really warm in the house. I was hanging by a thread, just about ready to call it quits and get a motel room in Jackson MS for a couple days. But I made it! Went 39 days without broadcast tv, and 71 without internet at the house.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    It's a shame you don't know what you are talking about. 1: most solar systems have battery back up which gives you 24 to 72 hours of back up power. 2: as for bad for the environment fossil fuels and the cars that burn are bad for the environment during their entire lifespan, then you have pipelines leak, acid rain and all the other environmental impacts of drilling for the oil. 3: once the storm is over, if you have solar and provided it is intact, guess what? you have power back

I tried to tell him. He’s hard headed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    All about preparing… I live in the country all my local gas stations have generators… even if they didn’t I have more than enough gas saved up for a storm to run my 12k generator for 8 days without a re supply, and longer if I need to make it last, but usually with hurrincanes my area is only accessible by boat with the flood waters… wonder if they gonna make electric boats also

Trolling motor, duh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom