What is really happening along our coast.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Saved. Thanks for the keepvid link. I'm going to start saving all sorts of videos. Some much is happening now that's it's hard to keep it all in. With the videos saved I can remind myself how we got here from time to time.

mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    Just got to watch the video. Why are they doing LA like this? We have multiple cleanup sites that are looking to double in number within a week. There have been no ponies and balloons on the MS and AL coasts, I've witnessed it first hand. Hundred of guys cleaning. If they're not cleaning, their companies are training them for the heat.

God help us all

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The simple solution is for our federal gov't to get off its ass, clean up what BP doesn't, and send BP the bill. I wish this were solely up to the gulf states, but since the federal gov't takes our money via taxes, its their job now.

mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    Its obvious Obama is being a ****ing smartass at this point by not doing it. We need help. There are new cleanup sites popping up in MS and AL everyday. LA seems like it is one big cleanup site. The oil is threatening much more than the coast now. We need to accept help from every single country that offers. Hell, I thought I had a pretty good idea. A) Take the thousands of volunteers and get them to work. Put them through all of the classes required by BP (BP pays for it), get them proper PPE (tydex suits and respirators), have them sign some waivers and disclaimers, and put them to work. Put a cap on how much they can be exposed to the oil per week. Also, round up all the prisoners who are in jail for petty crimes/have not much time left, and get them to work also. If they work and do their job, they get out early. I'm not talking murderers, but people such as not paying a citation, etc etc. We need to get all we can on the beaches and all of the trained personnel we can on the waters- and it STILL wouldn't be enough. But this is getting much bigger than what ole Barry is treating it like.

Grim333

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Madisonvile, La.
    The simple solution is for our federal gov't to get off its ass, clean up what BP doesn't, and send BP the bill. I wish this were solely up to the gulf states, but since the federal gov't takes our money via taxes, its their job now.

That's what is going on now, except for the part about "getting off its ass." The feds are running the cleanup, with BP signing the checks. I think the problem is that this thing is so big, they don't have command and control of events.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    That's what is going on now, except for the part about "getting off its ass." The feds are running the cleanup, with BP signing the checks. I think the problem is that this thing is so big, they don't have command and control of events.

Say whut ???

If the feds will admit to being charge of this cluster **** they all need to be indicted on malfesance.....

My gulf and state is dying as a casualty of war with the POTUS, but we ain't ded yet

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Say whut ???

If the feds will admit to being charge of this cluster **** they all need to be indicted on malfesance.....

My gulf and state is dying as a casualty of war with the POTUS, but we ain't ded yet

Just like securing the border, this is a dereliction of duty. Impeachment maybe? I'll keep dreaming.

bigv

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Shreveport
    securing the boarder,

I would hesitate to compare boarder issues with this. The difference is this, the boarder is a people issue and the oil is an industrial issue.{as the government sees them}I lived in Tucson for the last five years before coming to the great state of Louisiana and i can tell you first hand that the boarder issue will not get solved ....EVER.....there is to much money in not solving it. Also it is very unpopular politicaly to stop these "poor" urchins from seaking the american dream. The oil has no soul so the government is making a huge hullabalue about it but is essentaily doing nothing.All the while driving up the oil crisis flag.I see big dollars in the federal coffers and it will come out of my and your pockets. The boarder jumpers are also generating a huge amount of money in the government fumds. The difference is that there is actually no intent to end the problem.

In the end the super fool in the white house will eventually set up his merry band of taodies as the saviours of the gulf and the simple minded folk that dwell there.{note:sarcassam in the naming of these people}I have nothing but respect for the hearty people of Louisiana but i can say without a doubt that the president and his crew could care less and do not see these people as an intelligent group. This is why you need to band togather and do something about it. Remember the election season and the law of a re-call election.If they are not doing the job to your satisfaction then throw their sorry asses out!

Top Bottom