What is the best pistol and rifle range near NOLA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • meplatgroup

Louisiana's #1 NFA Dealer
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    I’ve been to MCTA and Nicks, any other suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, not to toot my own horn, but the best range in Louisiana is mine. Cut Off Range Complex. An hour from New Orleans, 800 yard rifle, 50 yard pistol, real bathrooms, concrete parking lots, fantastic concrete shooting benches, tons of steel targets, friendly staff, cool gun shop with ammo and paper targets for sale. It’s pretty cool. Also great restaurants in the area.

Machine gun rentals coming soon. Already have an MP5 and MP5K. Adding a P90 this week, and waiting for my jig to come in for a few full auto ARs.

Check us out at www.cutoffrange.com and please like and follow @cutoffrange on IG and FB.

Lots more coming there. I just bought it nine days before the hurricane and have already spent well over $100k getting it squared away. It’s a labor of love for me. Previous owner closed it and I couldn’t watch it waste away. Next additions will be some PRS barriers to shoot from. Waiting on my tank trap knuckle right now.

joe504glock

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2022
    Metairie
    Sounds good to me! I’ll definitely show up and try it out! No offense at all just an honest recommendation, you might want to work on your online presence. I did a pretty in depth look online and didn’t see y’all. I wish I had.

meplatgroup

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    Sounds good to me! I’ll definitely show up and try it out! No offense at all just an honest recommendation, you might want to work on your online presence. I did a pretty in depth look online and didn’t see y’all. I wish I had.

No offense taken. It’s something I’m working on. I need to get a banner here. I just finally set up Google My Business which is so important because once that is on the business shows up on cell phone maps. I think I set up a Yelp profile but maybe I didn’t. We have website/FB/IG but all that takes a while to build steam and they are fairly new.

The range was most recently called FTS Outdoors and before that Eymard Shooting Center.

The list of projects to get done there can be overwhelming. I just got most of my Gallowtech wall systems up in the shop (waiting on a few more). Security is all done and top notch so we were finally able to bring guns in.

It’s already the best range in the state and is going to keep improving. I spend at least three days a week there and am freaking out a bit about going to SHOT because I won’t be there for almost a week but I have amazing staff.

meplatgroup

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    Have you recently taken ownership or management of the range?

Yes sir. As I mentioned above we just closed on it nine days before Hurricane Ida. We then went through over a month with no power. It just reopened the day after Thanksgiving so our ownership is extremely new. Open for just over a month with us.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    It was already the best range around in my opinion. It will be even better with the new ownership and great plans they have for it. Definitely worth the drive

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Man I had no clue Cut off range complex existed. I’m definitely going to have to check this one out in the near future. I typically shoot at either bayou dragon, MCTA, or St. Bernard.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Yes sir. As I mentioned above we just closed on it nine days before Hurricane Ida. We then went through over a month with no power. It just reopened the day after Thanksgiving so our ownership is extremely new. Open for just over a month with us.
    Glad to hear that y'all are back in action. I have to admit that I didn't know this range existed ... but I'm glad to know about it now! It's a bit of a hike from the red stick but I do get down that way somewhat regularly, so I'll be sure to swing by.

Mike

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Wait till yall see this place. The 800 yard known distance range is so nice. And steel ALL over the place (Kenny went kinda overboard, like everything he does).

I saw the indoor shop a couple days ago, the wall shelving is some John Wick gunroom ****.

BDill

What's This For Again
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Destrehan, LA
    Will agree with all stated above. Very nice range. I use to shoot at Nick's and its okay for what it is and where it is. Nicks is about 25-30 mins from me and Cut off is 50-60 mins. Well worth the extra time to drive down there. Planning on a visit tomorrow :x:

number1roadie19

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Marrero, LA
    Definitely want to check out Cutoff! I live like 5 minutes from Bayou Dragon so that is typically my go to. Shooter Club is nice or pistols also. Nicks is a great range and Honey Island is nice when they are open.

Mr Smooth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2022
    Destrehan
    Nick's has been improving the facility since Ida. New larger canopies. Getting prepared to add several 50 yard positions. Recently upgraded the berm. Better than ever.
    Cutoff is now open under new management and reconfiguration (FTS in the past). Range is now 800 yards versus 935 but hear that the target experience is improved. Plan to visit in the next month. Heard Monte is still one of the range officers so you can't go wrong with the best

meplatgroup

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    We’ve got a number of things coming online in Cut Off that are going to be pretty cool. The shop is just about finished and we have a good (and expanding) stock of guns and ammo. Our gun prices are crazy cheap.

We will also have machine gun rentals and are building up posties now. I’ve already done an MP5 A2 and and MP5K and am working on a few full auto ARs (one 12.5” PWS piston gun and one in a 733 Commando configuration like in HEAT) and I’m doing a P90. Going to also build a few Glock sear guns and I want to do a gold plated full auto AK47. So that will be fun.

We just got a twin tank ultrasonic with 36” tanks to clean gun with. I wired that in yesterday.

Maintenance and repairs are ongoing as well. We just fixed the sun shades on the rifle range, had the golf cart serviced and the suspension rebuilt and now that the dump truck is repaired dirt work will restart and there is loads of that to do.

Please be patient during our upgrades and remember we only bought this range six months ago (9 days before Ida). We are constantly working to improve the facility and have big plans for the future.

That said we are open daily 9-5 (closed on Mondays and Tuesdays). It is $20/person to shoot all day (you can even go eat lunch and come back). We also have memberships available, details available on our site www.cutoffrange.com

We will be buying a banner on here shortly (my web guy just moved but should have time this week) but our best advertisement is always word of mouth.

BobaDefett

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Metairie
    Well, not to toot my own horn, but the best range in Louisiana is mine. Cut Off Range Complex. An hour from New Orleans, 800 yard rifle, 50 yard pistol, real bathrooms, concrete parking lots, fantastic concrete shooting benches, tons of steel targets, friendly staff, cool gun shop with ammo and paper targets for sale. It’s pretty cool. Also great restaurants in the area.

Machine gun rentals coming soon. Already have an MP5 and MP5K. Adding a P90 this week, and waiting for my jig to come in for a few full auto ARs.

Check us out at www.cutoffrange.com and please like and follow @cutoffrange on IG and FB.

Lots more coming there. I just bought it nine days before the hurricane and have already spent well over $100k getting it squared away. It’s a labor of love for me. Previous owner closed it and I couldn’t watch it waste away. Next additions will be some PRS barriers to shoot from. Waiting on my tank trap knuckle right now.

just letting you know, that my antivirus tried to warn me not to go to your link. Something you may want to look into. I use BitDefender.

BobaDefett

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Metairie
    I’ve been to MCTA and Nicks, any other suggestions?

I've always loved Honey Island. It's only open Friday-Sunday. It has a 100-yard rifle and Shot Gun. A .22 plinking station, multiple paper and plinking for handguns, they also have a pretty nice archery range that is free of charge. Best of all they let me bring my son with me. I've had him out there shooting since he was 4. I can't think of another range that lets children that young out. Also, It's 7 bucks for the day.

meplatgroup

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    just letting you know, that my antivirus tried to warn me not to go to your link. Something you may want to look into. I use BitDefender.

Thanks. My web guy called me a boomer and told me to stop putting www in front of it. Sigh. I’m a web idiot.

Try cutoffrange.com

Top Bottom