What is your CCW of choice?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Bersa 380 plus

I thought long and hard about the bersa. But its blowback opperated and the size of the compact is about the same as the shiled. So felt recoil and size differences between the shield and the bersa wasnt worth the drop in caliber or at least that was my conclusion. Also 9mm rounds are usually cheaper. Now a pocket pistol 380 that has a locked breach could be something worth adding to my collection.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I saw that, I think I could get used to it.

Suit yourself.

Just some points to throw out there...
    - That pad thing is going to get dirty and smelly, and you can take the holster apart to clean it.
    - The kydex/plastic shell is molded poorly. You should never mold in the ejection port, it will snag, and all of the retention comes from the trigger guard.
    - The pad is going to get in the way.

Use whatever works, but I personally that holsters like that, don't work for me.

*Buy once cry once and all that jazz*

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    Suit yourself.

Just some points to throw out there...
    - That pad thing is going to get dirty and smelly, and you can take the holster apart to clean it.
    - The kydex/plastic shell is molded poorly. You should never mold in the ejection port, it will snag, and all of the retention comes from the trigger guard.
    - The pad is going to get in the way.

Use whatever works, but I personally that holsters like that, don't work for me.

*Buy once cry once and all that jazz*

That's the reason I am asking questions, watching videos. It may be a week or longer before I make a decision.

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    You will end up with more than one holster! Lol just like the rest of us. I finally settled on a hybrid, soft leather against your body and the weight spread out over a wide stance makes for comfortable carry

jjb5730

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2012
    Pierre Part
    It's all personal preference. That being said I like my alien gear 2.0

+1 except I have the 3.0
    b772ab834280eda7aae2bfbb7750c86e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    That's the reason I am asking questions, watching videos. It may be a week or longer before I make a decision.

I'd happily take a Crossbreed or Aliengear holster over that N8^2 garbage. Behind the hip holsters are a different ball game than wearing a holster on your hip. If you're sitting in a vehicle and you have to do the "Twist Release" draw, good luck getting your gun out. Point being, look at everything before you waste your money. IMO, if you stick with well known brands, and you don't like it, it will be easy to sell later on.

A holster is just as important as the belt holding it all up, don't fall for the gimmicks.

Last edited:

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    I'd happily take a Crossbreed or Aliengear holster over that N8^2 garbage. Behind the hip holsters are a different ball game than wearing a holster on your hip. If you're sitting in a vehicle and you have to do the "Twist Release" draw, good luck getting your gun out. Point being, look at everything before you waste your money. IMO, if you stick with well known brands, and you don't like it, it will be easy to sell later on.

A holster is just as important as the belt holding it all up, don't fall for the gimmicks.

That's what I am doing. Looks like the Zorn wraith is at the top of the list. The reviews of the alien gear were 50/50, some said after a period of time they started to come apart. I like maintenance free stuff.

mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    I got to fondle a 2.0 Aliengear at work one day, I am probably going to try out their 3.0 soon for my XDS

FYI, at least in my experience, IWB carry with an L5/S1 back injury is extremely uncomfortable. Painful actually if positioned wrong. I won't be able to carry anything much bigger than my XDS.

Last edited:

Gatorbug

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    Gonzales
    Mine should be here tomorrow. Took 10 days before it was shipped FYI. Looking forward to trying it out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Used to be my m&p9c but I've gained a little weight lately, and my pants are getting snug, so I've been carrying my m&p shield

West

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2014
    Baton Rouge, louisiana

I had no problem with the N82 professional. It was great quality and very comfortable.

Drugstore_cowboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2016
    Mandeville
    Glock 43 currently but I've also carried a smith and Wesson 36, 65, glock 19, ruger lc9 and lcp. All of them were excellent carry guns designed to fill different roles. The glock 43 does all of the very well I feel.

Top Bottom