What is YOUR NEXT FAL BUILD?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    Ok no matter if you are one of the local builders or like me a to skeered to start (I have a few reasons) What are your plans for the next build?

I have to get a couple type III receivers here to complete the ARGY kits that are on the way.
    I am leaning VERY VERY heavily towards a ARGY PARA, using the Argy lower, I am undecided about the rest, I sure hate hacking the new argy barrel down to 17 1/2 inches! And still not sure about the bolt and carrier, probably go with a inch style with sand cuts!

What do YOU have up your sleeve? Share your plans!!

KT

Last edited:

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Assemble the G1 (I've got a complete kit excepting the Carrying Handle, And I could use a better stock)
    On ether a DSA or Coonan Type 1 (Whichever I decide... I have both)

Couple Standard Imbel Kits... (Ordinary rifles) Might make one a 16 inch carbine.

Gonna chop a Argy kit to have a new Para... (I can Deal with cutting it):D

Goal is to get 4-5 done this summer.

Not gonna get the Izzi or rest done this year...

ridgerunner1488

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Myself and Hoot-G from the files have a big week planned i have 7 kits and 7 DSA receivers and i finally get a couple of weeks off so we are going to have a mass build.

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    RR, HOOTG is a HOOT! Tell him I said HELLO! I have picked his brain a helluve a lot about the upcoming SA build I am having done next! Just tell him LC from the files says hello!!

KT

ridgerunner1488

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    I will do that Hoot is really good people he has always done me right.
    I traded him a L1A1 kit for a Hi-power and i felt bad because i only payed $99.00 for the kit but i did have to buy 10 of them and i had not been keeping up with prices so i threw in a big bag of inch parts and some like new aussie wood he was tickled to say the least.
    he then turned around and found me a izzy heavy barrel kit that was like new for $500.
    old hoot can not be beat in my book "but dont tell him i said that'

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    Well I just picked up two DSA receivers (a type I and a type II) from rockmup, the type I will be heading out with a SADF R1 (technically a R3) kit. This one will be somewhat different due to the fact I have found thru studies they were in fact one of the countries that ordered some of their later riFALS to be finished in a SERVICE BROWN satin finish. Since I have a riFAL finished in Gray PARK, one in BLACK, and one in WHITE TIGER, I guess maybe one in BROWN would look pretty damn cool! This kit will be heading out Tuesday to Johnny "MOSES" Glover for final assemble and finishing. Should be about a month and it will be ready to eat thru some ammo killing more "PAPER BANDITS"!

I am also finalizing a matching numbers STG kit that I have. I am in a dilemma as far as the finish, right now I am caught between a HOT BLUE finish on entire rifle with Walnut finish butt stock and Pistol Grip with black dura coated handguards and bi-pod OR considering going with BIRDSONG Teflon COATING and it will be a multi-color finish using the Black-T and Green-T. The remaining 2 1/2 STG kits I have will be placed back into storage and waited to cycle back around before buiding.

Well theres my build plans/dreams for now!

KT

Last edited:

ridgerunner1488

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Thats what i plan on having done to mine is the Birdsong finish I have a pistol that was done about 10 years ago by Mr Walter and it still looks like new.

Top Bottom