what kind of bow is this and how powerful is it?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    It's called a recurve bow. It's how bows were made before the use of rests, mechanical pullies, cams, and the fancy stuff most people think of today when they hear the word "bow". If you were to see a slow motion video of an arrow being shot you would notice that it bows upwards as the string pushes it forward and doesn't really touch her hand as it is released. The arrow flexes while it's in the air similar to a guitar string.

sloppy joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    whats a good brand of recurve bow to start with thats not too expensive? i saw some at amazon for around $50 but where is a good place to look at some around baton rouge.

im not hunting with it. i just want to play around and it may be a good thing to have for zombies.

Countryboy1985

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    Denham Springs, La
    Been shooting traditional bows for going on 15 years and used to shoot competitively, and i can honestly say ive never seen anyone use that type of finger placement. That is a recurve bow though. She seems to be pretty accurate with it though. Couldn't honestly tell you a good name brand though, all of my bows were custom made. However, if youre interested in learning more, try http://www.artactradbow.org/
    It's a good hobby and definitely challenging

Top Bottom