whats coming HR1022

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    HR1022, google it if you havent been paying attention. Oh and lets get ready for those who live in a different dimension to say something to the effect of "it will never happen blah, blah, blah" Here is my 2 nickles, Civilian disarmament is in the works, notice I didnt refer to it as "gun control". We need to start calling it what it is. Now how do I get my point across without sounding like Chicken Little? Storms coming, better be getting ready. Simple enough.

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    There will always be douchenozzles that want to make the street safe for criminals. Not that I do not take this threat seriously, but remember this has been sitting around for a year now without enough support to go anywhere.

There is no immediate emergency here, but we do need to always be ready in case this type of thing does ever build up steam.

Wes

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    NOLA
    Yeah, well, HR1955 has already passed the House, and I believe it is in the Senate (if not already passed). Btw, that one is the thought-crime bill.

SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    So when would it be an immediate emergency? I mean the last time the CongressCritters passed the assault weapons ban, there was a great wailing and gnashing of teeth, many of them were voted out of office. But I ask you this, those that replaced them, who voted to repeal the assault weapons ban? Who of or elected public servants took a stand against a blatant infringement on the right to bear arms? Are those crickets I hear? Now we have a democrat controlled house, a lame duck president who has said he would sign any ban that congress could get to his desk, shootings being broadcast on the news, and a bill sitting there quietly, like a boa constrictor waiting for us to let our guard down. Lets not forget the NRA sharing a bed with the likes of Chuck Schumer. Im not trying to come off sounding like an ass, I just remember all to well hearing so many fellow gun owners saying the clinton gun ban would never happen. Then I remember how stupid I felt when it did. 10 years later we get a second chance. We wont get another.

SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    I have no idea why I think the word douchenozzle is so damn funny.

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    I'm with you, and I commend you for trying to keep others abreast of this stuff. I was just saying maybe you should post/keep in mind that this is not some new threat. Every year there is some assault weapons ban or another sitting there. I am agreeing we should always watch this stuff. Join all the alert lists you can, so that if this stuff does start to move, you can be notified instantly and get on the horn. I see this stuff like I do preparing for any other emergency- do all you can, get your preps together, and then don't sit awake worrying about it. Know that you are as ready as you can be and then get back to enjoying life.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    I don't think they will get HR1022 through. I think it is dead in the water, too strict and the dems have already said they didn't want to "sacrifice any more seats on the alter of gun control". We should be ever vigiliant though. They will definately try to sneak something by us when Hussain Obama gets elected. I can't see or hear the train comming, but I can damn well feel it. Dark days ahead...........

chevydriver350

Young Padawong
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    kenner
    so are we screwed yet or what are we ok untill (god i hope not) obama is president. and i didnt know democrats like to make it easier for criminals to have controll of everything, even if this does pass people that shouldent even own a bb gun are gunna still have illegal access to ak's and pretty mutch wutever some shady fellow illegaly imports,

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    That is part of what so many people don't understand. Even if you ban semi-autos to sale to the general public, the criminals will still get their hands on them. Why make everyone a bigger target? IMO everyone should go through some sort of weapons class every so often. A person trained with a firearm can better defend themselves vs. someone who has no knowledge of guns or how they work. Do you think these crazies would be so willing to walk into schools and start shooting if they knew 50% of the people surrounding them were packing?

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    I dunno, they banned firearms in England and now everyone is safer. Criminals certainly don't have guns in England. Now if they could only ban kitchen knives and bricks, or at least register them and ban the tactical versions. At least they banned glassware in pubs........

SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Ive never been to England, but I dont buy into anything that says they are safer. My big beef with the whole gun control issue is this- It only applies to civilians. The military, and police get to keep their toys, why cant I keep mine. Why do I have to disarm to make society safer? I mean every day small towns across America have SWAT teams, why? Isnt society a safer place when they pass gun control laws? When you pass a police cruiser and inside of it is an M16 they got from a government grant? What the hell? The Paramilitarization of the police is a very bad idea. Dont get me wrong, them guys put their butts on the line every day, and some of them dont come home because someone elses troubled child with issues made a life altering decision that cost a good person their lives. With that being said, if the police need to carry a military rifle on patrol means that times are getting worse, not better. Good grief Oppalousas not only has an armored personnel carrier, but a belt fed machine gun mounted on top of it!!! Yeah you read correctly, a belt fed squad automatic machine gun. Look it up if you think Im BSing. When we live in a society where the police quit carrying firearms because its safe enough for them to do so, then I will be one of the first ones in line to turn mine in. Until hell freezes over for that, I'll be keeping them thank you very much.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Well, I think Police patrol rifles are a good thing, especially for Sheriffs Deputies and especially in rural areas. If you ask me, alot of them are under armed. Their closest backup is sometimes an hour away and every drunk Fudd in the country has at least a 30-30.

When we live in a society where the police quit carrying firearms because its safe enough for them to do so, then I will be one of the first ones in line to turn mine in. Until hell freezes over for that, I'll be keeping them thank you very much.

Not me! Alot of people said that over there in England and then choked on it when they disarmed the police as well.

I do see what you are saying though. If they were to make society safe enough for us to not need weapons, well I don't think I would want to live there. The human race is what it is.

There will be no peace on earth until we are all called home.

bryan0928

SRA
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Hammond
    When we live in a society where the police quit carrying firearms because its safe enough for them to do so, then I will be one of the first ones in line to turn mine in. Until hell freezes over for that, I'll be keeping them thank you very much.

I wouldn't give mine up if I was the last person on Earth with guns and there was 0 crime.

Crime in America is #3 on my list of why I own firearms. I have 2 more reasons that exceed self defense (from criminals) in importance.

I was 6 years old for the first ban. If they ever pass a second one, I will circumvent it or not follow it all together...at least as much as possible.

All gun control laws are groundless in my book.

If any law violates my god given rights guaranteed by the constitution then I won't bow down to my masters and follow it. I'll undermine it in every possible way I can.

SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    The police are armed in england, in fact they started to carry shortly after they outlawed civilian firearms. Its great that others will resist any bans, we need more outspoken individuals. As far as me giving up my guns, I lied. I was trying to trick the police into giving up their guns. Did it work?

WILDCATT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    MANNING SC
    british arms

the myth that the british police dont have arms is just that.the bobby on the beat does not usually have arms. however there is a rapid response car in the naborhood who carrys sub guns.and detectives and officers carry.most police in England are former military and are not trained in use of pistols,the rifles are kept in the station house and issued as needed.
    plus the English obey orders and do as their told,they have respect for the law.:mamoru:-----:rolleyes:----:D

Last edited:
    Top Bottom