" What's it worth ? " Kind of ...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    IMHO - Probably around $900-1100 with no rust, average condition stock and muzzle wear 3 or less. If really nice with uncut oprod, pre-WWII or late 50's excellent near original condition, could go up to 1400-1600. I would discount slightly for new stock or forced match parts on an old rifle.

Comrade Fish

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    IMHO - Probably around $900-1100 with no rust, average condition stock and muzzle wear 3 or less. If really nice with uncut oprod, pre-WWII or late 50's excellent near original condition, could go up to 1400-1600. I would discount slightly for new stock or forced match parts on an old rifle.
    Also does it have lock bar sights? Original barrel? Date?

For a shooter WW2 date with replacement barrel, usually $1,200ish here in Lafayette area shows.
    Original barrel adds to it.

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    You may be more current; I haven't sold any since pre-China flu and haven't been to a gun show in awhile. I'll have to add $300-400 to the value of my SAs. :bravo:

Comrade Fish

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    You may be more current; I haven't sold any since pre-China flu and haven't been to a gun show in awhile. I'll have to add $300-400 to the value of my SAs. :bravo:
    Last Gonzales and Lafayette shows, you couldn't touch a Garand for less than $1300 and some are pretty iffy on barrel readings.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Also does it have lock bar sights? Original barrel? Date?

For a shooter WW2 date with replacement barrel, usually $1,200ish here in Lafayette area shows.
    Original barrel adds to it.
    No way to tell if the barrel is original . Mine has a " correct " barrel . The date matches the serial number range on the receiver .

Danny Ross

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2022
    Bush, LA
    Kenner gun show 22-23 October, 2022,

The Gulf Coast Military Collectors and Antique Arms Show October 28-29, 2022 BILOXI The Gulf Coast Military Collectors and Antique Arms Show
    Friday, October 28 show hours: 11am to 5pm
    Saturday, October 29 show hours: 9am to 4pm

The Gulf Coast Military Collectors and Antique Arms Show
    More info: (228)224-1120 terrell.hamilton@gmail.com
    Historical artifacts from all periods and wars, Civil War, WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam bought, sold, traded, and exhibited. Take I-10 exit 41 (Woolmarket) between Biloxi and Gulfport. Go north to the 4-way stop, then continue 1/4 mile to the Joppa Shriner's Center on the right. Admission is $7.

Militaria shows do not have all the black guns or dealers. If you are offended by NAZI or War of Northern Agression Memorabilia, do not go. Usually have lots of M1's, M1A's, bolt guns.

LaBelle

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Near Natchitoches
    Kenner gun show 22-23 October, 2022,

The Gulf Coast Military Collectors and Antique Arms Show October 28-29, 2022 BILOXI The Gulf Coast Military Collectors and Antique Arms Show
    Friday, October 28 show hours: 11am to 5pm
    Saturday, October 29 show hours: 9am to 4pm

The Gulf Coast Military Collectors and Antique Arms Show
    More info: (228)224-1120 terrell.hamilton@gmail.com
    Historical artifacts from all periods and wars, Civil War, WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam bought, sold, traded, and exhibited. Take I-10 exit 41 (Woolmarket) between Biloxi and Gulfport. Go north to the 4-way stop, then continue 1/4 mile to the Joppa Shriner's Center on the right. Admission is $7.

Militaria shows do not have all the black guns or dealers. If you are offended by NAZI or War of Northern Agression Memorabilia, do not go. Usually have lots of M1's, M1A's, bolt guns.
    Doggone! That's one I'd like to go to but have prior commitments. I need some Swede m96/m38 stuff!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sooner89
    Top Bottom