Wheel Weights and Linotype

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mod1911a

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2014
    Covington, LA
    Tried to post this earlier--didn't go through. I'm a greenhorn.
    Just looking for feedback from anyone that cares to reply.
    I've been trying to sell some wheel weights both here on the Bayoushooter Marketplace and on Craigslist. I've gotten no interest at all.
    I did a lot of casting back in the 80's and 90's, but just don't shoot much anymore.
    Just curious: Are there no more bullet casters out there?
    Thanks for any replies

mod1911a

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2014
    Covington, LA
    Thanks. I'm retired 2 years now and had these big ideas of getting back into shooting more. Soon as I retired; boom! Covid, civil unrest, another round of hoarding, and now, totally ridiculous prices that'll never come down, imo. I'm really disenchanted now.

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    I replied to your message today but it dissapeared. I would love to have it but the distance and price keeps me from jumping. The last research i did had lead that was already fuxed in ingots around the 1.25 per lb mark. Havent looked super recently so maybe it changed drastically

Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Back when I was younger I used to cast SCUBA weights. Made my own mold with a 2 x 4 piece of aluminum on a CNC mill. Those lead weights seem to get heavier over the years.

mod1911a

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2014
    Covington, LA
    Update: So, I had a quantity (200lbs) of wheel weights and linotype priced at $1.25/lb and no takers. Dropped the price to $0.75, which was much more appealing, and sold it. Seems my original price wasn't what anyone was looking to spend.

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    An item is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it ... when it comes to lead ... it has to be a close / local sale ... shipping lead get's costly ...
    $0.75 sounds like both of you did good ...you got the stuff out of your garage and the buyer got some good wheel weight alloy ...That's a Win - Win !
    Gary

Top Bottom