Where to buy sub $1000 FAL

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    So after I stopped being lazy I did some research on the G1 FAL. I found out it was made by Century :thumbsdown: so I probably will not be getting one of those...

However lets save this thread and let me hear some places I could find a GOOD FAL for around $800

Last edited:

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    You can find them but you have to keep your eyes open. Gun broker is a great place to watch closely but you have to be quick on the buy it nows.

Quality kits are now approaching the $750 mark for numbers matching StG's, G1 and BGS's are in the $550 + range.Imbel kits in the $400 range, So you do the math with a Quality Coonan or DSA receiver running from $350 to $450.
    You can see why it is getting harder and harder to find a running FAL for "SUB $1000" Note I said HARD to find NOT IMPOSSIBLE!

DSA is selling Imbel kits built on DSA type I receivers for around the $1000 mark.....

KT

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    All our times have come
    Here but now they're gone
    Seasons don't fear the Century
    Nor do the wind, the sun or the rain..we can be like they are
    Come on baby...don't fear the Century
    Baby take my hand...don't fear the Century
    We'll be able to fly...don't fear the Century
    Baby I'm your man.

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    All our times have come
    Here but now they're gone
    Seasons don't fear the Century
    Nor do the wind, the sun or the rain..we can be like they are
    Come on baby...don't fear the Century
    Baby take my hand...don't fear the Century
    We'll be able to fly...don't fear the Century
    Baby I'm your man.

lol sooooo your saying the Century isn't bad?

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    lol sooooo your saying the Century isn't bad?

Century's are a double edge sword. SOME run and run SUPER, as good as just about (YES I SAID JUST ABOUT) any other USA made receiver, some may need some work, some may need a LOT of work, some may need the SCRAP PILE!!! UNI-BROWS are junk I don't care what anyone says, so stay away from a uni-brow, IF you stumble across one sell it to MyTFAL. Now the reason I say they are double edge swords, MOST guys that deal with FAL rifles try very hard to shy away from the true USA made Century FAL's. DO NOT confuse a USA made Century with a CAI imported Imbel or Argentine receiver, CAI had nothing to do with these except probably built the rifle from a kit that the receiver is on.

The only thing I would HIGHLY recommend is have someone check the head space and barrel timing and TIGHTNESS (TORQUE)

GUys stay away from the Century receivers for the same reason you wanted to stay away from them......VERY NEGATIVE reputation! This will kill the value of a complete rifle. Bad for seller USUALLY good for buyer who knows what he is looking at and or getting, ALWAYS test fire a CENTURY build before buying.............BETTER YET stand back and let the SELLER TEST FIRE while YOU watch!!!

Like I said in the post above, SUB $1000 FALS can be found. I had a buddy buy a complete G1 rifle today on Gunbroker built on a DSA type II receiver.................$681 with 2 MAGS!!! Well that wasn't a buy that was a steal! Will you find that everyday? NO probably not!! But they can be found!

I picked up a NUMBERS matching Styer StG-58 a few weeks ago for under $1000 its on a DSA type II, these deals are usually from guys that bought rifles years ago for for $500 or less or kits for $199 and receivers for $225 and have no idea about prices!!

StG 58 matching numbers kits on FAL FILES are selling in the $650 to $800 range, you can order a Custom matching serial number receiver from Coonan for just under $450, find someone local to build and you have a $1100 to $1250 rifle.

Here is my latest I just finished today, it is a very rare MATCHING NUMBERS G1 rifle with the custom serial numbers, G.E.W. Stamped G1 receiver from Coonan. It will be refinished by TCustoms in the next few weeks. Also waiting on the wood butt stock to return from BLUE MONSTER WOOD, he is refurbishing the original stock, it even has the rifle serial numbers stamped under the metal butt plate in the wood! COMPLETED PICS will follow soon!!

Point is Keep your money in your pocket and search for the deals you can find some, but you may have to dig deep, find help from guys you trust!
    I am building a complete IMBEL rifle for a friend now, and it is going on a Century receiver, had to take a few .010 off the barrel and a bit off the barrel face but this will be a damn nice shooter for just under a K......

When it comes to the Century Receivers if you have problems.....MyTFAL is your man!

KT

photo%2525201.JPG

photo%2525205.JPG

photo%2525202.JPG

Last edited:
    Top Bottom