Where to buy

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hot shot

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville La
    Im not a fan of "big box stores" but have decided to buy my future step-daughter a 870 for Christmas. She's getting the express 3" model, nothing special. I bought my sons at Academy last year, and probably will wind up buying there for the girl. Was just wondering if someone knew alocal dealer type that could compete with Academy's price, or anywhere for that matter.

hot shot

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville La
    Check with Hebert Gun's. I like dealing with them.

Theyre about $100 more than Academy. I dont mind spending a little more on a little more expensive gun (ie $500 vs $450) but on a $250 gun, Im not gonna spend $350. Thats my main worry. I had a bud with a FFL get a price on one for me a few years ago, he was about $50-$75 more than the big box stores.

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Check with Hebert Gun's. I like dealing with them.

Hebert's has a used 870 Express Magnum with a 26" or 28" Vr bbl for 250.00. When you walk in, go to the back and it's on the bottom rack far right (behind the counter).

There were 2 of them there Monday; but I bought the one with the 21" bbl and metal trigger housing.

If you don't want to go that route, Dicks up near the mall has 870's on sale for 269.00 and then you get another 30 buck off with a mail in rebate.

Top Bottom