? Which FOR SALE Forum does a serial #'ed Lower Receiver Post in?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T-Rigger

T-Rigger
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 25, 2019
    Metairie, LA
    I have a Cobray factory lower receiver that accepts Sten mags. Since it is the serialized component of the Cobray M-11/NINEmm, the BATF classifies it as a firearm. Should it post as a HANDGUN or a PART?

Thanks

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I'd recommend treating it as a handgun / firearm and indicating that it's just a lower within the post. You should also treat the sale as you would with a typical firearm and follow all of the legal requirements, accordingly.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    167   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I have a Cobray factory lower receiver that accepts Sten mags. Since it is the serialized component of the Cobray M-11/NINEmm, the BATF classifies it as a firearm. Should it post as a HANDGUN or a PART?

Thanks
    If I were looking for one I’d go to parts and ammo, which is where I’d maybe look for an AR lower, but it’ll be on the new posts page when you bump it anyway so it’ll likely still get plenty of views.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    If I were looking for one I’d go to parts and ammo, which is where I’d maybe look for an AR lower, but it’ll be on the new posts page when you bump it anyway so it’ll likely still get plenty of views.

Totally fine from my perspective as well. Just as long as it's listed as a lower with a serial # on it that needs to follow all "firearm" rules/laws. For example, you probably shouldn't stick it in a box and mail it to someone.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    167   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Totally fine from my perspective as well. Just as long as it's listed as a lower with a serial # on it that needs to follow all "firearm" rules/laws. For example, you probably shouldn't stick it in a box and mail it to someone.
    Haha, oh yeah. Gotcha. Lol. Hopefully everyone already knows that?

T-Rigger

T-Rigger
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 25, 2019
    Metairie, LA
    Haha, oh yeah. Gotcha. Lol. Hopefully everyone already knows that?

Got that - understood that the piece should be transferred the same as a fully functional firearm - just wanted to conform to Forum protocol. Probably will cross-reference it in the post of other separate Cobray components in PARTS & AMMO.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sollidus_
    Top Bottom