Who else out there has Gout and ....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alpharic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jun 5, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    What are you doing to control it? I know about diet and some prescriptions, just want to hear what you have to say. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I have never had an episode but have many family members with it. They all have their triggers. One is red beans, another is BBQ sauce, another is boiled crawfish and boiled shrimp. So once you can identify your triggers avoid them at all cost. Some say fresh cherries are a preemptive measure but they all have cochicine(sp) on stand by when they get flare ups.
    I've heard it described as, it can hurt so bad someone just turning the light on in a room makes it hurt.

EightySix

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    I've been dealing with flare-ups off and on for 10 yrs now. I could never pinpoint what food actually caused the uric acid spikes, but I think alcohol is a major contributing factor. I have been prescribed Indocin for the pain and swelling which is very effective but only take it when the pain is unbearable. Gout pain is probably one of the most painful things I have ever gone through.

Over the past few years I have had very few minor flare-ups and IMO it's because I drink lots and lots of water, at least a gallon per waking day. I haven't taken any Indocin (NSAIDs) in well over a year, haven't needed to, so I think the water is key. For me anyway.

Good luck

Hogin

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    Independence LA
    A steroid shot in the butt cheek helped me get past my flare-ups in the past. Now I take Uloric everyday, and dont have any issues.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Stay hydrated, try not to eat too many salty foods at the same time.....

Example: Don't work out in the yard all day, drink beer, and eat a whole bunch of spicy crawfish that night.

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    If there's a way to attach pdf's to posts, I can share a reputable source on gout. It's giving me invalid file attachment errors when I try

Top Bottom