Why not a Century FAL?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Seeing all of the group buys and the cost associated with putting a FAL together why wouldn't one just buy a Century built FAL from Classic Arms for $650? In what way are those guns inferior and to what degree? I know almost nothing about the FAL so this question has been on my mind.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Quality of the reciever (Or lack thereof)

Quality of the parts (Or lack thereof)

Quality of the builds (Or lack thereof)

The fact that the parts will be 'whatever' they have lying around rather than something more 'correct' OR (For those of us who don't really care) Likely to work.

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    I would not buy a Century built fal, without first test firing it. Century will use some out of spec parts and throw it together fast as you can building techniques. Some are good though, so dont totaly count them out.

I would, however, build a kit on a Century reciever. If you or a knowledgable builder take the time to do it right, ie, properly time the barrel, headspace, etc... you can end up with a nice gun that will run with the best.

Ask Mytfal, he builds on century's.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I would not buy a Century built fal, without first test firing it. Century will use some out of spec parts and throw it together fast as you can building techniques. Some are good though, so dont totaly count them out.

I would, however, build a kit on a Century reciever.
    If you or a knowledgable builder take the time to do it right, ie, properly time the barrel, headspace, etc... you can end up with a nice gun that will run with the best.

Ask Mytfal, he builds on century's.

NOT UNIBROW!!!!!!!

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    The new production Century receivers I have seen in the last 4-5 years have not been Uni-brow if they went back to it I would be VERY surprised. They ran okay but NOBODY would buy them, the widows peak rec (what I've seen lately) take a hour or two of extra prep then they run like a charm. I have been asked and suceeded in making Centuries run right many times. They generally only require minor tweaking.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom