Why should I get a fal?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Title says it all. Sometime between Christmas and Summer I will be looking to get a rifle. I decided on the 7.62x51 since it is so versatile, so I have been looking at my options for it. Since this is a fal sub-forum, I figured this would be a good place to start.

Why should I get a fal when there are other good weapon systems in x51?

If I do decide on a fal I will most likely buy a kit, and build it myself (with help of people who I know). This is mostly because of cost unless I can get a really good deal at buying a used one. Not only am I a college student, but going into ministry as well. This does not make for a very lucrative lifestyle lol.

I would like it to be 18'', instead of 21''. Furniture is not a huge concern for me as long it is not banged to crap. I wouldn't mind a folding stock to cut down on size, but I am guessing that will add a bit more $ than I am willing to spend. I would prefer an inch rifle, most because I heard they can use both types of magazines while metric can not.

Whatever information you can give me helps. Total fal-newbie here. Thanks brothers.

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    It has excellent ergonomics, a batte-proven track record, albeit not like the AK, and is an accurate enough rifle. Remember, Jeff Cooper said about the FAL, "The AK is the rifle for the masses; the FAL is the rifle for the classes."

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    Kajunutrtion or MYTfal would be more authoritative on the subject; one of them should pipe up soon I hope. Also, the FAL was used by ninety-three nations. Something had to be right for it to serve with that many; not all have kept it, but it is a hearty rifle.

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    NO need for me to pipe in 762nato pretty much summed it all up! As they say......"The proof is in the pudding" LOL Try it you will LOVE IT!! thatwhichisnt find someone close to you that has a FAL, finger bang it, feel it, caress it and shoot the **** outta it.........YOU will answer your own questions ;)

KT

PS: If there is anyway I can help PLEASE feel free to contact me!!

KT

twokids

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 24, 2011
    Oscar, LA.
    When the gas system is adjusted properly, they are very fun to shoot. If only all 7.62x51 guns were that enjoyable to shoot.
    :)

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    The only thing is that the FAL are a little more involved, which is why conscript or undertrained forces. However, something makes me to believe you are not in that category, so enjoy. I think you are looking for a PARA model, a lá this, or you could mate an eighteen-inch barreled upper to whatever lower; DSA sells the upper for a manufacturer's MSRP of $495.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom