Why TWO?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • parallel

Often Beside Himself
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    LaPlace, Louisiana
    Because college kids eat like they're starving... LOL.

Two roughly 8 lb Boston butts on the Big Green Egg in for a 12 - 14 hour smoke (at 250° dome temp). One is rubbed with Dillo Dust and the other is rubbed with Dizzy Pig Raging River (a nice citrus, maple flavor with a bit of he*at) They'll be done just in time for the brunch I'm bringing in to my Drafting & Design Technology students tomorrow.

parallel

Often Beside Himself
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    LaPlace, Louisiana
    Should have started it sooner, that would make a nice breakfast. ;)
    I know right... it smells freakin awesome but it's still not quite done. Right now it's at about 194° internal temp on the Maverick food probe, but my thermapen tells a different story. It's about 10° cooler when I probe it with the thermapen. I attribute that difference more to the ability to probe in the exact middle with the thermapen versus where I had to put the Maverick probe into the meat.

parallel

Often Beside Himself
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    LaPlace, Louisiana
    Yesterday was fun, but I was so tired after being up all night cooking that I crashed early. Here are the rest...

Here is about half of the crew, the other half were still in various academic classes (like Trig... better them than me... LOL) After this I was too busy to get pictures. The awesome smell of smokey BBQ wafting through the building sent several hungry faculty members to my classroom as well... good thing I cooked two.

TheLunchCrewSummer2013Semester_zpsd66f8df3.jpg

Last edited:

tibodoe

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    That looks fantastic.
    Speaking of college kids being hogs, I remember my nephew while he was in college.
    I was buying him lunch at McDonald's. He wanted two double quarter pounder meals!
    This kid was not huge either. He was maybe 5'10" and 180, and could eat like a horse.

parallel

Often Beside Himself
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    LaPlace, Louisiana
    That looks fantastic.
    Speaking of college kids being hogs, I remember my nephew while he was in college.
    I was buying him lunch at McDonald's. He wanted two double quarter pounder meals!
    This kid was not huge either. He was maybe 5'10" and 180, and could eat like a horse.
    Thanks. That kid on the lower right with the bushy hair can eat WAY more than I can and I'm a fat ass... LOL.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Technical College in the River Parishes.

Ah ok cool.
    I will probably be coming over there this fall if I can work something out with the dean over there. May try to come recruit some welders etc for work. It seems the younger guys aren't as good as the old guys but they have better work ethics (there are exceptions). They are burning up outta school to go weld and make that big money at first lol

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    McFreddieMercury
    Top Bottom