Why we need to get out

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    We stay as long as we need to. The U.S. now has a firm foothold in a real mid east country to establish a forward base.
    You chicken littles need to grow a set.

A foothold to establish a forward base? Yeah, because we have none in the middle east. Oh wait, pre-OIF war we had 6. I don't know how much more middle east you need. And define 'as long as we do'. There is no definition. That's the problem with 'you' chicken shits (just paraphrasing you). You have no idea what will accomplish the mission (again).

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    OIL is worth us staying there for the next century. We are a super power and need to show it and take over countries that are making our way of life harder. 4,000 deaths sucks, it is still a volunteer military we stay until we have control of the OIL. I don't feel the OIL is the reason we are there; but since we are there we might as well take it.

BR 870

Standing behind you...
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Considering we used to lose 4000 in a day in previous wars, I'm not sure why everyone thinks that number is so high. Of course every life lost is a tragedy, but the cost of this war in blood has not been that high...

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    It is because the media is imbeded with the troops. It is the cost of $25 Billion a month that is high. According to M*A*S*H the entire Korean War cost $24 Billion. We do need an exit strategy whatever that may be. I have felt since the start make them bastards walk everywheres. All non-government vehichles would be fired upon. You make them walk everywheres and then see if they start turning people in. They won't be able to quickly lay bombs and such by foot.

SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Right on BR870! 4000 dead is chump change. We need another forward operating base ScubaSteve complete with a Mickey Ds and a Walmart, with a sign out front that says "If your not with us, **** YOU!" Ive got a pair, Im no chicken little, and Ive got a stomach to finish the job. 100 years sounds good to me, hell ya! If 4000 wont cover the tab, Ive got more volunteers to ante up cause FoxNews reports and I decide. Count me in as a Culture Warrior too. When our foreign policy is ******* the world in the ass, we cant pull out and expect to save face. Love it or leave it Hippies, we lost The Nam cause of people not understanding geo-politics. USA USA USA! I support the troops. Got a yellow ribbon sticker on my SUV to prove my patriotism. We were attacked. (Terrorists, 9/11, Terrorists, 9/11, Terrorists, 9/11) The Patriot Act is to help us catch the Terrorists. If Authorities cant listen in on our phone calls, they cant catch the Terrorists. We wont let the Constitution get in the way of winning the War on Terror. Im going to the high school down the road right now and pick out someone elses kids to go die for the oil thats so precious to have for the next 100 years. 4000 brave soldiers gave not only the life they were living, but sacrificed the life they might have lived. Thats a small price to pay at the pump.

Last edited:

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Blue_Raspberry_Tri-_Fold_Wallet_ka_on_ioffer.JPG

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    One thing I want to add on the side of staying. IF we're going to stay, the rules of engagement need to be severly revamped with our troops protection becoming the number one priority. The need to have permission to shoot first as needed and know that they will not be penalized for acting in their own safety. (I am not endorsing Vietnam style of burning down villages...) This should cut the number of deaths down to a few hundred per year instead of thousands.

We and the Iraqi's need to secure their foreign borders.

Maybe they can teach us how to do that at home?

SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    This is one of those devisive topics that really sucks. I think we should...you know what who cares, Im jonesing for some shooting.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    We, US Citizens, will not get OIL from the Middle East. Saddam was about to flood the market with cheap oil when we decided to attack. We have ANWAR and the North Slope of Alaska. Our government doesn't want us to have cheap oil, if they did we would have it.

Expensive Oil = Expensive products & fuel = Citizens in Debt = Easily controlled citizens.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    LOL!

Actually I went to foreign beer party a few months ago (everyone brings a 6 pack of something unusual- It was great!). My favorite, even over Guiness and Harp, was Bier 33 from Vietnam.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    We, US Citizens, will not get OIL from the Middle East. Saddam was about to flood the market with cheap oil when we decided to attack. We have ANWAR and the North Slope of Alaska. Our government doesn't want us to have cheap oil, if they did we would have it.

Expensive Oil = Expensive products & fuel = Citizens in Debt = Easily controlled citizens.

Disagree.

The world is running out of cheap oil or oil that is easy to pump out of the ground. The only reason we haven't drilled Alaska or ANWAR is because the conservationists won't let us disturb the precious Caribou. The reason we let them have their way is because we want to save the oil in our backyard for last. As I have said here before, once all the easy oil dries up elsewhere, the hippies won't care if we go ahead and drill in ANWAR. Take away affordable gasoline and they won't care if their new alternative fuel car runs on the blood of baby harp seals, so long as it is cheap.

BR 870

Standing behind you...
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge

Dude your tinfoil hat is on way too tight...

Disagree.

The world is running out of cheap oil or oil that is easy to pump out of the ground. The only reason we haven't drilled Alaska or ANWAR is because the conservationists won't let us disturb the precious Caribou. The reason we let them have their way is because we want to save the oil in our backyard for last. As I have said here before, once all the easy oil dries up elsewhere, the hippies won't care if we go ahead and drill in ANWAR. Take away affordable gasoline and they won't care if their new alternative fuel car runs on the blood of baby harp seals, so long as it is cheap.

Agreed... Not drilling in ANWAR has everything to do with waiting till its necessary (and it will be in 20 years), and nothing to do with some uberspooky .gov conspiracy to control its citizenry through debt :rolleyes:

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    If you guys were right we'd be using Diesel-Electric hybrid technology like trains, and boats, have been using since pre-1908. Thus preserving our oil supplies & needs for oil.

But you do that, you get vehicles that run for 500k-1mil+ miles, get 100+mpg, and you have cars you can pass on to kids and grandkids.

cn008_011jp-450.jpg

We wont get them, they will remain concept vehicles and will not be released to the public.

You guys obviously do not understand corporate business ethics, nothing personal. You don't screw yourself like that in business. You lose support from partner industries and you destroy your own future consumption.

American cars from the 60's-80's...for the most part they sucked ass, had nothing to do with technology, it was business & cheap craftsmanship. When people got tired of them sucking & having to replace them every 6-8 years people quit buying them, and other car markets exploded, so American manufacturers started making them better.

Are oil companies suffering or making record profits? Are you driving to work, what fuels get you there?

We are in corporate America, remember that. Have you been working for 100+ years to secure your business?

It's not just a .gov thing, its a banker thing, its an exxon thing, its a merrick thing...it's a big idea, not a conscious agenda.

BR 870

Standing behind you...
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    If you guys were right we'd be using Diesel-Electric hybrid technology like trains, and boats, have been using since pre-1908. Thus preserving our oil supplies & needs for oil.

But you do that, you get vehicles that run for 500k-1mil+ miles, get 100+mpg, and you have cars you can pass on to kids and grandkids.

cn008_011jp-450.jpg

We wont get them, they will remain concept vehicles and will not be released to the public.

You guys obviously do not understand corporate business ethics, nothing personal. You don't screw yourself like that in business. You lose support from partner industries and you destroy your own future consumption.

American cars from the 60's-80's...for the most part they sucked ass, had nothing to do with technology, it was business & cheap craftsmanship. When people got tired of them sucking & having to replace them every 6-8 years people quit buying them, and other car markets exploded, so American manufacturers started making them better.

Are oil companies suffering or making record profits? Are you driving to work, what fuels get you there?

We are in corporate America, remember that. Have you been working for 100+ years to secure your business?

It's not just a .gov thing, its a banker thing, its an exxon thing, its a merrick thing...it's a big idea, not a conscious agenda.
    Oh, I'll agree that Corporations certainly have vested interest in controling Americans, but we weren't talking Corporations. You said "Citizen in Debt=Easily Controlled" not "Consumers in Debt=Easily Controlled". Those are two toally different things. There is no vast conspiracy between .gov and .com. In fact, Big Oil is chomping at the bit to get into ANWAR, and we won't let them.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    They are different?

Are you a citizen, or a consumer?

They are 1 in the same.

Why would big oil want in ANWAR? They are making profits like never before right now, if they tap ANWAR then people will demand lower prices because they'll know there is no shortage of oil. No tapping ANWAR = 40-60+ years of high profits before we even tap US oil.

SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    You know that once Obama is president we wont have to worry about anything because he's all about change. I can SEE you Toaster, I know your still trying to kill me!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom