Wild Wild NOLA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bentboyz

Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Dec 14, 2019
    New orleans la
    The Criminals in NOLa started taking over when Mitch the B!tch took down the statue of Robert E. Lee. Coincidence?
    Why do you care so much about statues of people who were traitors and on top lost the war. Most of you people are full of complaints towards the police and the criminals. What I haven't read Is one person saying I will join the police force only read alot of comments about idol statue worship of confederate generals from grown ass men. . I hope none of you people are Christian and still worried about false idols. God Bless

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    911 calls DO get answered in a timely manner, I assure you of this, they are dispatched in a timely manner as well. The issue is the staffing and the leadership .. I believe most folks on the dept are good folks who are hamstrung by policy and oversight as well as just so much of it.. 2 or 3 months ago, there was a 14 hour wait for a domestic with battery.. it was dispatched in 3 min..
    in cases that there is violence ongoing, the wait times are closer to 70 min or so.. they are classified accurately, its just that staffing is low and no one wants to respond as a single person anymore..

I guess WWL News was mistaken.....839 times. (in just a 2 week period)

NOLA 911 operator hangs up on emergency callers: https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/...alls/289-a981beca-9851-48e0-9b92-99b57f46ac4d

Last edited:

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    I guess WWL News was mistaken.....839 times. (in just a 2 week period)

NOLA 911 operator hangs up on emergency callers: https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/...alls/289-a981beca-9851-48e0-9b92-99b57f46ac4d

She didn't have time for those people and their problems!!!

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    Bentboyz, that’s a swing & a miss. Number one it’s call Satire, it’s good to know that on this site. Two, it’s All about mitch trying to gain political favor and doing Nothing about the Real problems in the city.
    Now the statue is down & Crime is up, & mitch is sucking up to president poopie pants.
    Everything is great in the Big Sleazy.

Old School

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    DTR
    Why do you care so much about statues of people who were traitors and on top lost the war. Most of you people are full of complaints towards the police and the criminals. What I haven't read Is one person saying I will join the police force only read alot of comments about idol statue worship of confederate generals from grown ass men. . I hope none of you people are Christian and still worried about false idols. God Bless
    Is this Mitch?

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I don’t think anyone is complaining about the police in Nola but rather the lack of them and terrible governing body they have. If they would focus on actual issues the city wouldn’t be the dump it’s grown to be.

Jmfox3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Originally planned to retire in New Orleans. We moved to rural Texas 2 years ago. Think back to after Katrina, under Mitch Landrieu, when they built a prison that was too small, not enough beds, for the population and crime rate in NOLA. The city's own independent crime group railed against Mitch's decision, but they went ahead with prison build anyway. At the time it wasn't a money issue. They simply chose to build prison with not enough beds. Mitch said there would be less crime because the NOPD would be more active in crime prevention when he was cutting NOPD's budget by millions. The worst part is the NOLA electorate that keeps putting people in office that are a **** show. Sadly, it is happening in every city in America. It will take years to turn around, if ever.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Originally planned to retire in New Orleans. We moved to rural Texas 2 years ago. Think back to after Katrina, under Mitch Landrieu, when they built a prison that was too small, not enough beds, for the population and crime rate in NOLA. The city's own independent crime group railed against Mitch's decision, but they went ahead with prison build anyway. At the time it wasn't a money issue. They simply chose to build prison with not enough beds. Mitch said there would be less crime because the NOPD would be more active in crime prevention when he was cutting NOPD's budget by millions. The worst part is the NOLA electorate that keeps putting people in office that are a **** show. Sadly, it is happening in every city in America. It will take years to turn around, if ever.
    Hey the good news is we don’t have to worry about the jail being to small because now the new thing is they only want a maximum of 500 people in jail in NOLA. I guess that means many people will walk free or get a slap on the wrist for violent crimes…. wait that’s already happening

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Originally planned to retire in New Orleans. We moved to rural Texas 2 years ago.

You made a very wise choice. I just got back from NO to have breakfast this morning with my niece visiting from NJ. You get off Carrolton or St Charles and the back streets uptown are like seriously torn up, like you need a Jeep. So in addition to the crime spree, the infrastructure sucks big time. Panola, Hickory, Green, Cohn, Burdette, Fern, Short St, ect. They have so many critical issues in NO it isn't funny.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Why do you care so much about statues of people who were traitors and on top lost the war.
    Can you translate this to English please?

Most of you people are full of complaints towards the police and the criminals.

Your second sentence is a loaded one.

Who, exactly, is 'you people' ?

Have you ever once seen me denigrate or complain about the NOPD ?

Of COURSE I complain about the criminals. Shouldn't I ?
    What I haven't read Is one person saying I will join the police force only read alot of comments about idol statue worship of confederate generals from grown ass men.

Next sentence:

I put on a uniform for 13 years. It wasn't NOPD. I've been shot at with everything from an AK-47 to a ZSU-23 Quad Four, and an RPG7. Got paid LESS than an NOPD officer gets. NOPD generally doesn't have to clear minefields. Love them, but it's not the penultimate of civil service.
    . I hope none of you people are Christian and still worried about false idols. God Bless

Idol Statue Worship ? Have you seen the Vodoo Gris Gris doll that Tweedy put at the foot of Lee Circle ? She certainly is a grown ass.

Why do you hope we aren't Christian. Do you have some sort of a Jihad against Christians?

Odd way to end.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    You made a very wise choice. I just got back from NO to have breakfast this morning with my niece visiting from NJ. You get off Carrolton or St Charles and the back streets uptown are like seriously torn up, like you need a Jeep. So in addition to the crime spree, the infrastructure sucks big time. Panola, Hickory, Green, Cohn, Burdette, Fern, Short St, ect. They have so many critical issues in NO it isn't funny.
    Plum st is the worst one. The fumny thing about those nice Uptown neighborhoods is that several of the older affluent residents drive vehicles like Jeeps, Land Rovers, Outbacks etc and don't want the roads fixed so that people will drive slowly through their neighborhoods.
    As for the rest of the city, there are plenty of sinking streets to keep city workers busy since the city was built on a swamp.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Plum st is the worst one. The fumny thing about those nice Uptown neighborhoods is that several of the older affluent residents drive vehicles like Jeeps, Land Rovers, Outbacks etc and don't want the roads fixed so that people will drive slowly through their neighborhoods.
    As for the rest of the city, there are plenty of sinking streets to keep city workers busy since the city was built on a swamp.
    You are right, you damn sure cannot speed down those streets, unless you own Bigfoot or a lifted Jeep. I drive a Camaro and had to pick and choose, take an alternate route here or there. Most are under construction and are down to one passable lane, but I saw a few this morning my car would have gotten hung up on, or damaged for sure. Speeding was clearly not an option.

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    You should really go and learn history as a whole and make logical conclusions. First no one is worshiping Confederate statues. They are symbols of what the South Stood for and it was not racial oppression. Yes there was the issues of Slavery which was a US issue as a whole. The South was a agricultural based society and almost all agricultural societies around the world used some for of Slave labor at the time. Slavery would have ended peacefully by 1880 because of advent of modern farm equipment and 650,000 people would not have lost their lives in a war. You really think at the time of the Civil War the North thought the issue of ending Slavery was so noble that they would sacrifice over a quarter of million of their male children? NO! The issue was States Rights. The South Stood up for the Constitution of the United States as written. That all powers not granted to the Federal Government under the constitution are there by granted to the States. The Feds where only there for a National Defense against foreign enemies, Treaties with other Nations, settle disputes between States and not much more. They had no say so in the Affairs of a State beyond that, including Slavery. Then came along Lincoln, a tyrant who destroyed States Rights, killed innocent non-combatant civilians, and starved people. He would be a war criminal today if a modern president did what he did. You can thank Lincoln for the ATF, IRS, EPA, HUD, and all the other none elected Federal powers that go around forcing States to comply to the will of the Federal Government. So now today instead of States having their own unique and individual laws you have a massive single system where the Larger more populist States dictate the rule of Law to all of the Smaller States. Perfect example is Abortion all the liberal states could have it legal and all the conservative ones outlaw it. Everyone would be happier. Don't like it in California move to Mississippi and vice versa. People defending the Statues where not wanting Slavery back. Slavery was horrible. They are defending the idea of States rights. Also on a side note. Not one single Confederate was tried for Treason.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    What really kicked off the War of Northern aggression was the textile industry. Southern Cotton farmers were getting better prices for their crops from foreign buyers. That left the Yankee Textile Mills with no product.
    To solve that, a tariff was placed on all exported cotton.
    chtrrfcotprc1871-1945.jpg

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    You should really go and learn history as a whole and make logical conclusions. First no one is worshiping Confederate statues. They are symbols of what the South Stood for and it was not racial oppression. Yes there was the issues of Slavery which was a US issue as a whole. The South was a agricultural based society and almost all agricultural societies around the world used some for of Slave labor at the time. Slavery would have ended peacefully by 1880 because of advent of modern farm equipment and 650,000 people would not have lost their lives in a war. You really think at the time of the Civil War the North thought the issue of ending Slavery was so noble that they would sacrifice over a quarter of million of their male children? NO! The issue was States Rights. The South Stood up for the Constitution of the United States as written. That all powers not granted to the Federal Government under the constitution are there by granted to the States. The Feds where only there for a National Defense against foreign enemies, Treaties with other Nations, settle disputes between States and not much more. They had no say so in the Affairs of a State beyond that, including Slavery. Then came along Lincoln, a tyrant who destroyed States Rights, killed innocent non-combatant civilians, and starved people. He would be a war criminal today if a modern president did what he did. You can thank Lincoln for the ATF, IRS, EPA, HUD, and all the other none elected Federal powers that go around forcing States to comply to the will of the Federal Government. So now today instead of States having their own unique and individual laws you have a massive single system where the Larger more populist States dictate the rule of Law to all of the Smaller States. Perfect example is Abortion all the liberal states could have it legal and all the conservative ones outlaw it. Everyone would be happier. Don't like it in California move to Mississippi and vice versa. People defending the Statues where not wanting Slavery back. Slavery was horrible. They are defending the idea of States rights. Also on a side note. Not one single Confederate was tried for Treason.
    Very succinct. Thanks for this.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom