Wild Wild NOLA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BluewaterLa

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Slidell La
    Not surprised at all either, More shocking is the cars being captured on cell phones and uploaded to social media with the NOPD asking for tips and or information.
    UHMM lets see there is video evidence with License plates, faces and so on.... WHAT more do you need to do your job.
    Not to mention this seemed to take place for quite a while and no Officers responded, Sad.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Not surprised at all either, More shocking is the cars being captured on cell phones and uploaded to social media with the NOPD asking for tips and or information.
    UHMM lets see there is video evidence with License plates, faces and so on.... WHAT more do you need to do your job.
    Not to mention this seemed to take place for quite a while and no Officers responded, Sad.
    Same exact thing I told my wife. They want help but have a video of the whole thing? Not to mention it took place for 25 minutes and not one cop showed up or happened to even pass by during that time? I guess the only good thing to take from this is that criminals/ idiots still haven’t realized it’s not a good idea to post illegal activity online for the world to see.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    The place continues to go to s&#t..no money to pay more to cops so they can get back to their previous numbers to enforce. This is what happens when you run tax paying businesses and the tax paying citizens out of the city and spend money on removing offensive inert harmless pieces of bronze. I can go on and can say it isn’t the NOLA I grew up with. Sad thing is Baton Rouge is damn near as bad.

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    The place continues to go to s&#t..no money to pay more to cops so they can get back to their previous numbers to enforce. This is what happens when you run tax paying businesses and the tax paying citizens out of the city and spend money on removing offensive inert harmless pieces of bronze. I can go on and can say it isn’t the NOLA I grew up with. Sad thing is Baton Rouge is damn near as bad.
    Baton Rouge is as bad. Same exact type of leadership in both Cities. The Sad part is that this will end up being the entirety of South Louisiana. This middle class has fled both cities but Baton Rouge and NOLA criminals just spread out into the Burbs. So now the middle class is slowly abandoning the Suburbs outside of these cities. Where are they moving now, Out of Louisiana and away from Large Cities. Remote working has made the need to work in a city no longer relevant. Why deal with Crime when you have the whole country to pick where to live. I plan on Leaving in the next ten years. BR and NOLA can burn themselves to the ground.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    The problem is that if the popo shows up, it'll escalate into a shooting with loads of spectators catching most of the stray lead.
    If they engage in a pursuit that results in a causality, the lawsuits are filed before the meat wagon can get to the morgue.

So they stay away, and try to catch the perps later.

Then the DA, Williams, chastises the officers for making an arrest of one of 'his' citizens for a traffic violation, and sets them free.

There are no consequences.

It's not the fault of the NOPD. The officers here in the Fourth District are good officers. Good people who care.

It's the fault of the Federal Government coming in and placing unreasonable restrictions on the NOPD. And it's the Fault of our DA, Williams, the Judges, and a jail that is a zoo.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    You know that law enforcement has completely lost control of a city when you see this sort of thing happen in broad daylight with so many involved spectators on scene. Where are the tourists and average joes running for cover? All I see is dozens of contributors. NOLA is gone man.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I know a guy that's always talking about going and watching this ****. I've told him multiple times, I'm not waiting for someone to stop this ****. I'm driving right through it. they hit me, they're getting a civil lawsuit from hell. they don't, good day for all. I refuse to alter/modify my day due to someone elses stupidity.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    You know that law enforcement has completely lost control of a city when you see this sort of thing happen in broad daylight with so many involved spectators on scene. Where are the tourists and average joes running for cover? All I see is dozens of contributors. NOLA is gone man.
    from what I've been told by people in the "street racing scene" some of the guys out there doing that ****, work for NOPD. It cannot and will not be stopped any time soon. look at "Da Pad".. going on what? 30\40years now thats been happening?

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    It s called a sideshow. They happen all the time in CA and other states. Although I think pointing guns is kind of new. Yeah stupid people doing stupid things eventually it will catch up to them.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    NOLA and BR are both sh*tholes, look at the current leadership. In NO, the criminal courts have been closed for 18 months. Laws without recourse don't mean squat, and the local criminal element know it. Hence the daily shootings, car jackings, car looting, ect. Get arrested and out in what 2 or 3 days. Look at the pics and names of just who is doing the crime and the shootings. Its not a NOPD problem, its a societal problem, and it will not be stopped. Not by silly rallies or sit ins, or group plans, or begging the LSP to reinforce the NOPD. In NOLA, they have murdered 10, 11, and 12 year olds. The 12 yo male was the last one, about 2 weeks ago. Dumped his body on Morrison Ave, like a bag of trash. And its spreading into Jeff Parish too occasionally. The only way to slow it would be armed NG troops patrolling the streets 24/7, just like after Katrina. And that isn't happening. Cantrell and the new DA are corrupt too, lot of talk but little real action. You live in NOLA, you better be armed and ready to protect you and your family. NOPD might show up in a couple hours. 911 calls on hold (recorded message), damn. Just wait, the worst is yet to come.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    If you hang out in the East or spend too much time Downtown, then you will see this. I spend most of my time in Mid-City and Uptown, so I don't see much of the bad parts of town. My part of New Orleans is a different world from the parts that make the news.
    No matter where I drive, I am in condition Red. No car jackers yet, but my neighborhood bar has live music every night and the bartenders and owners are packing heat!

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    911 calls DO get answered in a timely manner, I assure you of this, they are dispatched in a timely manner as well. The issue is the staffing and the leadership .. I believe most folks on the dept are good folks who are hamstrung by policy and oversight as well as just so much of it.. 2 or 3 months ago, there was a 14 hour wait for a domestic with battery.. it was dispatched in 3 min..
    in cases that there is violence ongoing, the wait times are closer to 70 min or so.. they are classified accurately, its just that staffing is low and no one wants to respond as a single person anymore..

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    It's the fault of the Federal Government coming in and placing unreasonable restrictions on the NOPD. And it's the Fault of our DA, Williams, the Judges, and a jail that is a zoo.
    "It's the fault of MITCH LANDRIEU INVITING THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO COME IN WHEN THEY WEREN'T NEEDED." There, clarified it for you.

I seriously couldn't believe how stupid that was when that jackass ASKED the feds to come screw everything up! With all the clear record of how messed up things got in places with previous consent decrees, and how long those lasted, and that moron rings 'em up and begs them to come monkey around. It's typical of that pathetic, weak liberal mindset that says you always need someone else to bail you out and fix your problems instead of hitchin' up your britches and fixin' it yourself.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Maybe if NOLA police officers were paid a justifiable salary for the garbage/BS they have to deal with, people would apply. ( Myself being one of them). I considered it, but I'm not willing going into a warzone for $40-50k year with a taser and a single pistol. Salary for NOPD officers needs to start in the $80k/yr range MINIMUM and go up from there based on experience, training, unit you're in, etc ..

Top Bottom