Woman Dies in Crash With LPSO Deputy.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I'd like more details on this, including what type of call he was responding to and how fast he was traveling in that 45 mph speed limit area. Of course, I am also curious as to why she was supposedly stopped in either lane at that time with likely very little traffic.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I'd like more details on this, including what type of call he was responding to and how fast he was traveling in that 45 mph speed limit area. Of course, I am also curious as to why she was supposedly stopped in either lane at that time with likely very little traffic.

Call LPSO and request a copy of the report.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Hate to derail the thread but, I just hate the hypocrisy of tint laws. If government vehicles are allowed to tint however they please, then we should also have that freedom.

I don’t have my windshield tinted and I have not seen an LPSO deputy with his tinted either. I’ve had a few people thank me for my other tint making them feel safer. Some were victims of violent crimes and were identifying a suspect we had in custody and another was a witness to a murder. Sorry it makes you upset.

PS- you are allowed an exemption through the DMV. There is a form you can fill out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I don’t have my windshield tinted and I have not seen an LPSO deputy with his tinted either. I’ve had a few people thank me for my other tint making them feel safer. Some were victims of violent crimes and were identifying a suspect we had in custody and another was a witness to a murder. Sorry it makes you upset.

PS- you are allowed an exemption through the DMV. There is a form you can fill out.

Does that form still exist? I knew a guy a while back that had one but I thought I remembered it being done away with. Maybe I'm thinking of the windshield tint exemption.

Most units I see have fairly dark tint. Some of the unmarked units I see have windshield tint. People thanking you for tint in those circumstances is irrelevant to me. We all have our reasons for having certain things but to allow one group and disallow another is hypocrisy.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Does that form still exist? I knew a guy a while back that had one but I thought I remembered it being done away with. Maybe I'm thinking of the windshield tint exemption.

Most units I see have fairly dark tint. Some of the unmarked units I see have windshield tint. People thanking you for tint in those circumstances is irrelevant to me. We all have our reasons for having certain things but to allow one group and disallow another is hypocrisy.

Many professions have things others aren’t allowed to have or do.

You remind me of a guy I use to work with. He was always complaining that this person had this and that person had that and “why can’t I have that”. We were in a group one day and he started his whining, another coworker told him, “ if I came to work and said I had herpes you would be mad you didn’t have it”. I still get a good laugh out of that, but I probably have a weird sense of humor. Sorry to ramble on. I attached a little info you inquired about.

Sainte70

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    NOLA

I guess you want fancy lights on top of your car now and a siren too! You know, because another group has them....you can have them if you go play fireman

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Most decent hearted cops don't waste their time on tint tickets to begin with... Hint hint.... I've had/have Limo tint on ALL my vehicles for many many years, and haven't once been ticketed for it. I understand that it's used alot as PC to make contact with someone for something more serious, and that's all fine and dandy, but if ya behave and don't be a dumbass... Well .......

Anyway, I can't say I'm surprised about LPSO with this ordeal.... Not exactly the most upstanding agency Louisiana has to offer.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Aftermath footage.
    That occifer had to be going 70 +

A lot of people see a lot of damage and assume a high rate of speed was at play. I read some comments on the news article that said he had to be doing over 90mph. That is highly unlikely. I’m not investigating it so I don’t know for sure but I’m going to say he wasn’t going ridiculously fast. Most crashes are slower speeds at impact because of hard braking etc before impact. Here is a video of some crash tests as an example. He might have been hauling butt and evidence at the scene will show it for sure. His vehicle can be downloaded and they also take crush data from the vehicles and get pretty close to an exact speed. I know some will automatically think LPSO will try to cover something up but the vehicles computer and the evidence from the crash will not let that happen. The deceased’s family will get an attorney who will hire their own accident re-constructionist .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro lol

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I guess you want fancy lights on top of your car now and a siren too! You know, because another group has them....you can have them if you go play fireman

giphy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Apple cider vinegarOTR
    Top Bottom