WTB Gas Block Compatible Front Sight

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeSlater

Sportsman 'N' Paradise
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Walker, LA
    Anyone have a front sight for sale that can be mounted on a gas block? I am looking for local and reasonable. Thanks for all the help!

(I ordered up my new upper and all the magpul gear to go with it, yes i know, I drank the koolaide, but after I had ordered the sights I noticed Magpul says not to mount them on a railed gas block due to excessive heat, well... the upper I ordered has a railed gas block and thats where I wanted the sight, but I guess I will install a small rail section on the MOE handguard and mount them there. Anyone have a small rail section that will work. I assume they are universal. I would just order it from somewhere but it wouldnt make it here in time, and I want this rifle finished this weekend :))

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I would highly recommend against mounting your front sight to a plastic handguard. They wiggle/move around and you'll never get it to zero right. They just plain ain't made for that.

The right way to go with that setup would be getting the proper sight for your gas block rail.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    You sure you can't return them? I know you want to use the Magpul sight, but honestly it's just silly and pointless to mount it on your handguard. :dunno:

MikeSlater

Sportsman 'N' Paradise
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Walker, LA
    Yeah, I guess I can send them back, I am just going to check around local for a metal front sight, throw the MBUS in the safe. Save it for my sons airsoft toys. :)

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Is your gas block level with the flattop receiver, or does it sit slightly lower? There's two different types. And are you looking for a folding or fixed sight?

gmshooter

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    328   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Gramercy La.
    I do have a YHM & a RRA removable front sights YHM $34.99 and RRA $39.99. I also have some flip down Midwest Industries folding for the bas block $89.99. PM or call if interested. Thanks

MikeSlater

Sportsman 'N' Paradise
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Walker, LA
    Is your gas block level with the flattop receiver, or does it sit slightly lower? There's two different types. And are you looking for a folding or fixed sight?

I havent received it yet, It the upper jsesurplus has for 335, so I am not sure if they are level or not. I think a fixed front would suit my needs for now.

I do have a YHM & a RRA removable front sights YHM $34.99 and RRA $39.99. I also have some flip down Midwest Industries folding for the bas block $89.99. PM or call if interested. Thanks

Where is Gramercy located?

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    With the JSE you need a front sight made specifically for the lower gas blocks since they're not level with the receiver. There's a thread on here specifically regarding compatible sights for the JSE on here, you should be able to find it if you search. I'd dig it up if I wasn't on my phone.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom