WTB savage arms .308

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • subseakid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Covington/Mandeville
    Hello I am new Member to bayoushooter.com, I am looking for an older model savage 10 or 12. Right hand action I want pre-accutrigger in short action blind magazine Must have action screw hole spacing in 4.275 and be small shank.
    thanks

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Hello I am new Member to bayoushooter.com, I am looking for an older model savage 10 or 12. Right hand action I want pre-accutrigger in short action blind magazine Must have action screw hole spacing in 4.275 and be small shank.
    thanks

If you find one that you decide not to buy, or if you find a second one, please let me know. I need one as well, most likely for the same reason you do! ;)

BTW, welcome to BayouShooter!

Dr Elliot

Breeder of Deer Dogs
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    Metairie
    Are you guys looking for complete rifles? Needing the barreled action or the stock?

BTW, subseakid, you need to add your location to your profile. Any ads posted without your location will be sent to the "Bearpit."

subseakid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Covington/Mandeville
    Thanks for the info and help DR.Elliot. I am actually looking for a complete rifle Ideally I would only want the action and a few misc parts, but I feel I would have abetter chance finding a complete rifle. I have a custom stock and a shilen S8 barrel. This has been a project in the making, and now Im ready to complete the task.
    Thanks for the replies, If I come across any extra Ill let you vermiform.

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    I love my Savage rifles, the model 10's are tac drivers out of the box, go to Savage forums under the photo section under 10FP for more photos and info, you will see 3 shot groups consistently under .5. I cant remember, i think its $10 to join the forums but I buy/sell things over there all the time. You will see what you need every couple of days. I shoot my model 10 in the F class and FPR 600 yd matches in Palo Alto

Here is my Model 10FP sporting a Bell and Carlson Medalist Tac Stock and SS16X scope
    zfcif3lo0ikd758v6lzr.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Here is the same model 10 with a XLR industries Evolution Stock and after having the barrel threaded and re-crowned, also now sporting Front Focal plane Vortex 6X24 glass
    9fvk8i0zlj1kwo2os0j5.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Here is a recent 3 shot group after 375 rounds through the pipe
    hu9o6prg46uy7pmi6dm.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

peterf225

Rating - 100%
    126   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Prairieville
    You could buy an older Stevens short action staggerfeed rifle also and use it. The parts for the savage fit the Stevens. I have a Stevens short action with a 250AI barrel sitting in a B&C stock with a tuned savage trigger.

subseakid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Covington/Mandeville
    You could buy an older Stevens short action staggerfeed rifle also and use it. The parts for the savage fit the Stevens. I have a Stevens short action with a 250AI barrel sitting in a B&C stock with a tuned savage trigger.

I had thought of that but I came to the conclusion that i want to say with original savage arms name, but thanks for the help.
    Subseakid

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bharden68
    Top Bottom