WTB: Used Tumbler

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbonnette

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Denham Springs
    Anyone have any used tumblers that you want to get rid? It still needs to work. If you have one, please let me know the type and price you are asking.

Thanks!

toddrod

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 14, 2007
    Vacherie, LA
    How the heck would I seperate the media from the cases after "tumbling"?
    A crawfish sack works wonders. Just pour everything in and jiggle it around over a container to catch the corn cob. Or, make a square frame with 2x2 or 2x4 and lay a piece of hardware cloth across the bottom. pout the mix into it and shake.

buddy_fuentes

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Maurepas, LA (Diversion Canal)
    If you are selling the brass a concrete mixer will work. If you are using it over and over on brass that you are shooting, then don't. After a few times the concrete mixer scores the mouths of the cases (I don't know why:confused:) and they begin to crack and split.

Some folks use rice and Nu-Finish car wax to clean their brass and claim it comes out clean and shiny. Yesterday I tried the Nu-Finish with corn cob media and it worked. Brass came out pretty. This is less expensive than many of your other options.

Good Luck,

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Nu-Finish can add that to their commercials. "We're visiting Buddy's reloading room to show you just how well Nu-Finish works on brass. Look at that even after twelve uses and eleven mikes the brass still shines like new. Trust Nu-Finish it's the only one with your Buddy on the can."

Dave

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    If you are selling the brass a concrete mixer will work. If you are using it over and over on brass that you are shooting, then don't. After a few times the concrete mixer scores the mouths of the cases (I don't know why:confused:) and they begin to crack and split.

That's a good point. It may not be a good idea to have anything harder that the brass itself banging against it, like the metal walls of the mixer.

I also use Nu-Finish. It works.

jbonnette

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Denham Springs
    A crawfish sack works wonders. Just pour everything in and jiggle it around over a container to catch the corn cob. Or, make a square frame with 2x2 or 2x4 and lay a piece of hardware cloth across the bottom. pout the mix into it and shake.

Awesome idea. I'm gonna try this... once I can get a crawfish sac. :)

Some folks use rice and Nu-Finish car wax to clean their brass and claim it comes out clean and shiny. Yesterday I tried the Nu-Finish with corn cob media and it worked. Brass came out pretty. This is less expensive than many of your other options.

Good Luck,

Ok. So the mixer is out... I tumble for myself as well as selling brass. I don't want to damage any brass.

On the polishing... I found the best stuff. It's called Chrome Oxide. It's a green powder that is used for polishing metals and rocks. Throw about 2 teaspoons into your corncob mixture and it comes out looking good as new... if not better. This is what the Lyman green bags have in them. It works wonders! I started using it about 2 weeks ago and have been amazed by it. The stuff is pretty cheap too.

You can get it from here for a reasonable price:
    http://www.covington-engineering.com/Lapidary_Polishing_Powders.htm

Red Rouge is supposed to do the same thing... but I haven't tried it yet.

Top Bottom