XD trigger

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    Tore my XD apart to clean it and decided to "clean it up", the trigger that is. In 1/2 hours time I took all the grittiness out and dropped the pull weight by close to 2 pounds. The long pull and reset is still there but I didn't spend a dime.:D

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Nice! I did that with my XD-45, but realized it was the pull/reset that bugged me more than the weight. It does seem much better and less noticeable when it's smoothed out though. Then I threw a Springer trigger kit in and man what a difference!

I decided to go a step further and send my XDm out for their in-house trigger job and it's unbelievably nice.

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    I was considering the Springer kit which made me do what I did. If I would have screwed anything up, I'd have been placing an order. Gonna shoot it as for now and see what happens. From what I see, I can do more without buying any parts.:)

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I hear ya. I don't think the trigger work is "necessary"...I just get bored sometimes and end up spending money and mailing guns off. :rofl:

I'm about to send off my XD-45 to Springer for new night sites. Again. Nothing wrong with the Heine's I've got on there, I just got bored and decided I needed something different. :D

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I hear ya. I don't think the trigger work is "necessary"...I just get bored sometimes and end up spending money and mailing guns off. :rofl:

I'm about to send off my XD-45 to Springer for new night sites. Again. Nothing wrong with the Heine's I've got on there, I just got bored and decided I needed something different. :D

Why ship a gun to install NS? That must be expensive.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Why ship a gun to install NS? That must be expensive.
    Well, one I had done at the same time as the trigger and some other work. The others I just send the slide which costs about $5 to ship, which all things considered is still cheaper than most of the local yahoos. Also, most local smiths don't have the right equipment to get the XD's sights off without beating up the slide.

Conceyted

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Metairie, LA
    I've got a Springer Trigger Bar and Powder River Precision Trigger Kit. Couldn't be happier. Though, it did require a bit of fitting.

Top Bottom