Yet another new shooter

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AgelessAnarchy

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Denham Springs
    Well I'm not exactly a new shooter... Iv been into pistol shooting for years. I hunt with them and sling led at the range. Actually only own one long gun a "Rem 870, shotgun" great little gun. What brings me here is a project gun I'm working on. Iv had an AR15 Stripped lower in my safe for almost a year. While deciding how I wanted to build it I found the local FPR compatitons and have decided to make something to compete. I'm a few moths out from having anything resembling a functional rifle. Lol just have a bunch of bags of parts right now and I still need to select some AR furniture.

Currently its a varment build. 20" SS with a 1/8 twist and plan on rocking the 69g MatchKing hand loads. I still need to decide on a few things like optics though.

So fare this place seams like a great forum, I look forward to geting to know other local shooters/gun addicts >.<

RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    Welcome. If you have any questions about FPR, PM me or Ritten. We can help answer them for you. And feel free to come out to any of the matches. If you'd like to shoot a match while working on your rifle, let us know, we can usually furnish a rifle to use. Good luck with your build!
    Rick

Cookoff

Retired State and Mil. AF
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    Welcome to the forum

DSCN0946.jpg You said you hunt with a handgun, but didn't say what? I hunt deer with this little old POP gun, 45-70 BFR..not many of us handgun hunters around, Welcome....

AgelessAnarchy

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Denham Springs
    Thanks for the warm welcome! I plan on being at the next match on the 13th. To cookoff, I handgun hunt deer with a classic S&W686 (357Mag) using iron sights. It's tree stand hunting at a corn feeder and clover plot in AR at less than 50 yards so a rifle would just be EZMode. I like at least some resemblance of a challenge. Un like the 300WenMag my dads using from the same distance. The only other thing I really hunt is Hogs also in AR for that I love my S&W500 Mag. Hit a hog with that puppy and it falls right over!

Cookoff

Retired State and Mil. AF
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    It's so nice to hear that someone else likes the challenge of hand gun hunting, and with Hogs the bigger bullet the better, I do some hunting north of Shreveport , lots of Hogs have moved in the last 5 years, I also use a Ruger Hunter 44 mag, when I don't feel like luging the 45-70 , BFR around, and I also have a brother in law that uses a 300 win mag to hunt deer with, way too much gun for Louisiana deer,Welcome to the site, there is lots of stuff to read. Enjoy...

Top Bottom