Youth Bolt Action 22

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Alright, so my son's 5th birthday is in December. Money is super tight right now and I want to start putting money aside for his present from daddy (a bolt action 22).

I've been exposing him to guns for the past two years and he's been there to help me clean them several times. I always try to give him safety instructions each time he asks to see the guns (usually only when I am going to or coming back from the range) or he's with me while I clean.

This last time, I asked him, "after daddy is with you and you want to pick up a gun, what is the first thing we do?"

His response: "Make sure there's no bullets in the gun."

Brought a grin to my face as that was the first time he needed no reminder. So, I figured he's showing enough responsibility that he can start actually shooting at the end of the year.

I want a simple bolt action 22 that is small enough for a 5 year-old.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    I really want him to start with a bolt action before he goes to a semi-automatic.

Also, the smaller youth-sized rifles is a must. As it is, the youth models will be slightly too large (most likely) and I'd rather not have him learn to shoot a rifle bazooka-style.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    I really want him to start with a bolt action before he goes to a semi-automatic.

Also, the smaller youth-sized rifles is a must. As it is, the youth models will be slightly too large (most likely) and I'd rather not have him learn to shoot a rifle bazooka-style.

Then you definitely need the Cricket. It is more "kid" size than "youth" size.
    http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/36_211

Most gun shops carry them, even WalMart has them.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    You can find some old military trainers(Romanian?) in .22lr for $75 at the pawnshops. Cut down the buttstock to fit him and there ya go.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bree
    Top Bottom