Hungry Howies

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Just a heads up to everyone to never order from Hungry Howies ever. Their staff were incredibly rude to me and even lied. Their pizza isn't even good either.

Oh, and the manager called us and told us that their driver quit because of us too. Super unprofessional. I'll post the full story later.

--Sent from my Galaxy S6

Spleen

Day of the Rope!
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Jefferson Parish
    For the record, their food isn't worth the chew.
    Bad for your health and worse for your longevity.
    Tastes awful as well.
    Had the misfortune of trying a piece at an office lunch.
    Only got through the first bite.
    Barely.

Austin, am looking forward to the full story- sounds epic.
    ;)

Last edited:

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Hopefully there will be a fence involved along the way somewhere.

Also I partially blame whoever ordered anything from hungry howies on principle alone.

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I order from the one in Hammond every now and then. Their staff is not the best by any means but when I'm at the office they deliver a decent garlic crust pizza and a Mt. Dew for less than 10 bucks.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    For the record, their food isn't worth the chew.
    Bad for your health and worse for your longevity.
    Tastes awful as well.
    Had the misfortune of trying a piece at an office lunch.
    Only got through the first bite.
    Barely.

Austin, am looking forward to the full story- sounds epic.
    ;)

I was at my GF's apartment over near LSU and there is a Hungry Howie's not far away. They wanted quick, cheap pizza, so it was their choice. We had just started watching the Saints game and didn't want to cook or drive to get food, so she ordered pizza. Whenever she first called, before ordering she asked how long for delivery and the girl said 45 minutes. After ordering, they confirm 45 minutes as well. Fast forward about an hour and five minutes and we call to check on the status of the pizza. The employee is incredibly rude and says it'll be another 30 minutes before it gets delivered. She asks for the manager and is then put on hold. She waits on hold for 15 minutes and no one picks back up. One of the other girls here calls the store after that and asks to speak to the manager. They are rude to her and tell her (1 hour 45 minutes in now) that the pizza had just left and would be there soon...and then catch more attitude for calling more than once.

At the 2 hour 10 minute mark, I call and ask for the manager. I am put on hold for 5 minutes. I call back and ask for the manager, but not to be put on hold. They lay the phone down and don't pick up for threeish minutes. Once the manager is on the phone, I get her name and ask for her boss's name. Then she tells me she is the Shift Lead there, so I ask for a general manager. She tells me he isn't there. I then ask for the district manager's name and phone number. She said she doesn't have any information on higher ups and can't give me her boss's phone number...

After that, I tell her that we were told 45 minutes for pizza and it has been almost 2 hours and 5 minutes at this point. She tells me that the pizza is out for delivery and should be there soon. At that point I tell her that she told one of the girls here that exact same story 40 minutes ago (which was roughly the original time we were quoted). She was like, oh, and then didn't really have anything to say. So I tell her I want the pizzas discounted or even comped and she said she couldn't do that for us and that we need to be patient. So I tell her to cancel the order and that we will go get pizza elsewhere. She then catches an attitude with me again about it not being her fault. She went on to say that a new employee told us the 45 minute time and they didn't know. I told her we wouldn't have ordered if it we were told over an hour and that they should do something for us. She says no. I tell her that their customer service is awful and all of her employees that we talked to (three including her) are rude and very unprofessional. Her excuse is that they are new employees and don't know any better. At that point I tell her that then her job as a manager should be to rectify the situation and keep the customer happy. She says she can't do anything for us and that the pizza will be here soon. I tell her again that we don't want it after as we were very dissatisfied with the whole situation. (We were thinking they could have messed with the pizza, but didn't tell them that.) So I tell her to cancel the order again, and she just says okay.

After I get off the phone with her, I call the Gonzales location and speak with their manager. I tell him what happened and he is very, very professional and extremely apologetic. He told me that she certainly should have comped the pizza and he tells me he will call her and tell her to have it delivered still, to which I decline. I didn't want free pizza or even discounted pizza. We just wanted pizza from the get go. He told me that he would call me back later (which he still hasn't), and that he would have their general manager give me a call next week.

Fifteen minutes later, the shift lead from the BR store calls my girlfriend back and tells her that she just wanted to let her know that her driver came back with three orders (including ours) and quit because we refused our order. I wasn't in the room when this happened, but I was just like how ridiculous is it for her to call and try to blame one of her employees quitting on us not wanting their crappy pizza after over two and a half hours of waiting.

So, with that being said, please tell your friends and family in and around Baton Rouge to never order from these clowns.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Oh, and they told me that they don't have the number for corporate in the store.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    You're too patient. I would have already gone somewhere else after 45 minutes. If they pizza ever showed up after 45 minutes, I'd tell the guy I don't want it. BTW, I used to go to that Hungry Howies often, until they built the Little Caesars by Canes.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    You're too patient. I would have already gone somewhere else after 45 minutes. If they pizza ever showed up after 45 minutes, I'd tell the guy I don't want it. BTW, I used to go to that Hungry Howies often, until they built the Little Caesars by Canes.

Five girls here were looking forward to some garlic covered cardboar...crust. We gave them the benefit of doubt initially.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Who wants to take bets on whether or not I hear from their customer service department.

dk.easterly

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Clinton, LA
    All I know about HH is that we service their tractor/trailers. Other than that, I can imagine it's similar to Little Caesars? Cheap and not worth it IMO. The driver probably quit because he lost money driving around trying to deliver and not getting paid for it. Company probably holds the driver liable.

Pretty much the same exact issue happened to me with Dominos. Which is why I'll never order from them again.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Life is too short to eat crappy pizza!

If you're in N.O. area try Pizza Nola on Harrison off Pontchartrain. I compare all other pizzas to theirs now!

We go out occasionally with a group of my daughter's friends and their parents. Rotollo's (which wasn't bad) on Vets is now a Theo's. The place is convenient to everyone, the pizza is like pepperoni on a cracker! WTH does anyone want crust that thin and hard???

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Holy wall of text Batman.

/Papa John's

fwiw Hungry Howie's corporate office - 248.414.3300

Store specific feedback https://www.hungryhowies.com/contact-us-0
    Already wrote them. Their phone service is closed on weekends.
    Hole in the wall franchise pizza that tastes like the pizza box it came in. We used to get it when we were hungover broke college kids.
    Exactly. Couldn't describe it better.
    Life is too short to eat crappy pizza!

If you're in N.O. area try Pizza Nola on Harrison off Pontchartrain. I compare all other pizzas to theirs now!

We go out occasionally with a group of my daughter's friends and their parents. Rotollo's (which wasn't bad) on Vets is now a Theo's. The place is convenient to everyone, the pizza is like pepperoni on a cracker! WTH does anyone want crust that thin and hard???
    Fleur-de-lis on government st here is good too!

--Sent from my Galaxy S6

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    This is why I only eat Canes on football games. My one and only bad order I sent in one of those little reviews they append to the receipt, got a call back from the regional manager in a whopping 45 minutes after submission of the online review and the order was promptly fixed, refunded in full and credited for future visits.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Donut Man
    Top Bottom