10/22 triggers w/ other build ideas

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    I am starting a build on a 10/22 from a standard carbine model I have now. What trigger are some of you using and is the money worth the difference?

I'm trying to stay under $100 for a trigger kit for the 10/22 and only if it makes a noticeable difference.

Any other ideas from anyone on what else you did to yours beyond the basics that you were glad you did?

CBlack

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Covington, La
    I am starting a build on a 10/22 from a standard carbine model I have now. What trigger are some of you using and is the money worth the difference?

I'm trying to stay under $100 for a trigger kit for the 10/22 and only if it makes a noticeable difference.

Any other ideas from anyone on what else you did to yours beyond the basics that you were glad you did?

I bought the entire trigger assembly from Clark for $150 and love it. Plus it's all metal.

Or you can buy their kit and do it yourself for less than $100.

Or... you can go with the Kidd two stage. :D

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    You can go to Rimfirecentral.com and read the stickies in the 1022 action section. Everything you need to know to make an excellent trigger, yourself, is there. All it requires is patience, time, and skill.

If you lack any one of those three things, I recommend these people, . . . http://brimstonegunsmithing.com/ruger-1022-1/

They do great work on your stock trigger group, for a reasonable price.

I did my own. It makes a huge difference when shooting for accuracy off of the bench.

The next step is squaring off the bolt face and setting the headspace. Once again, you can do it yourself, or you can send your bolt to Que at https://sites.google.com/site/quesplace/

Que will do that, plus pin your firing pin to ensure consistent combustion. He will also radius and polish your bolt, and make sure your firing pin length is in spec. A great deal, and a huge step up in accuracy in most rifles.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I have a complete Volquartson trigger in one and a VQ kit in another. There isn't much difference but I only shoot my gun with the kit trigger off hand.
    Get bolt work done by Que or Randy at CPC.
    Get on rimfirecenteral and open the floodgates.
    I don't know how far you want to go with this build but the sky is the limit.
    Green Mountain barrels seem to be a good value for the money.
    Stocks are out there beyond what you can imagine.
    You can't go wrong with anything Kidd, Clark or Volquartson.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Thanks guys. I'm gonna see what que can do. This is just a hunting 22 for rabbit, road runner squirrel fox etc. I ordered a 16.5" threaded .920" keystone arms barrel. It was $120.00 shipped. I may do another build and stainless with a laminate stock but this one I may go with something like the bell and carlson classic or maybe the tan hogue.

I did pick up a centerpoint scope today for it.

It was between that one, tasco world class or the banner 6-18x50.
    Read several forum posts where several really liked them for the .22. If it doesn't work out I will go with what I know. I have had the banner on my marlin 60 for almost 4 years now. It is the 3-9.

Last edited:

Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Transformation. From factory to above.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399249390.042840.jpg

Remington cyclone (cheap ammo)
    6-shot group at 60yds.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399249405.976570.jpg

Ellis1958

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    Get on rimfirecenteral and open the floodgates.
    This.

Sent my trigger group to Clark Custom. Asked and got a sweet 2.5lb trigger. Thousands of rounds have been put through that gun and the trigger group has never changed one bit. Some of the best money spent. Once you've shot a good trigger you'll never go back to factory stock.

The 10/22 rabbit hole is one where you can go deep as you want.

Last edited:

Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Yea $1200 deep in one of them!!!!

That's insane lol.

I'm $387 in the one I have above and shoots plenty good for me. I cleaned he barrel and shot again today at 100yds. Definitely a tack driver and shoots minute of squirrel head at that distance and anything within.

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    Clark does excellent work. I purchased a used Ruger MKII with a Millet red dot mounted, it shot so well...it was like you put the red dot on the target then just thought about pulling the trigger and pow it was a hit....found out later the red dot mounting and a trigger job were done by Clark....that's why the trigger was soooo sweet.
    Need to send them my 10-22 one day! I put a kit in it years ago but them folks are pro's on triggers!

Last edited:

soulburn01

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2013
    Well you can always start off by stoning the factory seer. Also a local gun shop could get you a spring kit for less than $10. If you are careful, it should do the trick. I did that for mine until I got a Kidd two stage. That is the beauty of these rifles. You can get great performance for a budget.

Top Bottom