"10 Pack Trayvon Martin Targets" successful, Removed for Gunbroker.com

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Original page that was removed:
    www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=283437445
    Cached page:
    http://74.6.238.254/search/srpcache...3&icp=1&.intl=us&sig=1XpRoK3iQ0C.JUtQwrVt_Q--

Trayvon Martin gun range targets sold online
    Seller admits he wants to profit off controversy

An unidentified entrepreneur admits he is trying to profit off Trayvon Martin's death by selling gun range targets featuring the teen who's death has sparked a nationwide controversy.

Although Martin's face does not appear on the paper targets, they feature a hoodie with crosshairs aimed at the chest. A bag of Skittles is tucked in the pocket and a hand is holding a can resembling iced tea.

Martin purchased both items minutes before he was shot and killed by George Zimmerman in February, according to police.
    http://www.clickorlando.com/news/ne...ne/-/9533136/13069306/-/10ffct0z/-/index.html

:)

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    I don't think it was in good taste but what troubles me is the idea of " Lets make something stick to maker" Just because someone does something you don't like doesn't mean you can try to make reasons to throw them in jail for it.

Splat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Lafayette
    I don't think it was in good taste but what troubles me is the idea of " Lets make something stick to maker" Just because someone does something you don't like doesn't mean you can try to make reasons to throw them in jail for it.
    Agreed. They will probably try to arrest him for a hate crime.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    I thought it was brilliant, personally. The guy is selling a product that's a piece of paper, probably for a huge profit, and he sold All of them in 2 days. So what if it's tasteless? We do have the right to freedom of speech, and this is part of that.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    I thought it was brilliant, personally. The guy is selling a product that's a piece of paper, probably for a huge profit, and he sold All of them in 2 days. So what if it's tasteless? We do have the right to freedom of speech, and this is part of that.

This is right up there with the "God loves dead soldiers" signs at military funerals. That's free speech too.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado

And our right to criticize how tasteless it is.

Tasteless stuff like this feeds the anti-2A fire.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    it is free speech, and as a former soldier myself i think its awful, but its their right.

It's their right, but I think soldiers should have an equal right to line up across the street and open fire on them.

Our country is great, we get a lot of freedoms. People need to be smart enough to consider what they're doing and how we all represent groups we're associated with. With all the ******** going on with attacking stand your ground laws, right to carry, etc, someone who is clearly part of the gun community putting out targets of a 17 year-old kid who was killed (whether you think he was a thug or not) is beyond careless.

The guy is not a genius, he's an *******. If I thought such a thing was OK to do, it'd be a very easy thing to make similar targets. However, I like to think I'm somewhat civilized and understand that even if this kid was a "thug" he has a family that cared about him and probably doesn't like the fact that people are now shooting at him in effigy.

bam1131

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    New Orleans
    Why doesn't anyone care about the shirts with a target over the face of Zimmerman, with the words "Stupid A** Cracker" that black people were making/selling? Oh yeah, because it's a double standard.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Why doesn't anyone care about the shirts with a target over the face of Zimmerman, with the words "Stupid A** Cracker" that black people were making/selling? Oh yeah, because it's a double standard.

I decided long ago that I am a much classier, educated, and over-all better person than the people who are sporting those shirts.

Monkeys throw their own ****. That doesn't mean it's OK for me to do too.

swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Did anyone else notice the lawyers body language as he saw the target for the first time? It appeared to me that he was smiling. Fast forward to the 45 second mark.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    Precision has had targets that were very similar, not with the skittles. but along the same line.

They had various renditions of bad guys on targets.

Caveat: I have moved from BR and haven't been by Precision in about a year.
    :ohreally:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    "I hope there's a crime that we can charge that person with....I'm not sure what it is- but we need to come up with one...."

That statement should bother you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DRB88
    Top Bottom