The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noahvale

shootist
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 20, 2013
    Redstick
    I went over to Lafayette today to buy a kayak at Pack & Paddle. Stopped by the Academy on Louisiana Ave to get a paddle. They didn't have the one I wanted but they had a Ruger 1022 with a really nice walnut stock. I resisted buying it, but then went to the Academy on Siegen to get the paddle I wanted and they also had the 1022. The stock is nicer than any of the cheap .22's I've seen. Could not resist again. Only $249.

Attachments

• 1022.jpg
      1022.jpg
      22.3 KB · Views: 174

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Cant go wrong with a 10/22 I just recently picked up my second one from academy not too long ago. Ironically I drove two hours to the Academy in Lafayette on Louisiana Ave since it was the only one near me at any Academy location and I didn’t want to pay an overinflated price.

the one with the black hogue stock is my first one and the stock carbine model is my second I recently picked up.

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    I bought the same model from the one in Hammond before Christmas. All the guns I have and didn't have a .22 rifle. Was having a coon problem with my chickens. Thought about using the suppressed AR, but didn't want to make coon soup, so I got the 10/22. I just bought several BX-25 mags for it as well.

cyclone1970

Oldie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Covington LA
    The stocks on those 10/22's are not walnut. It's some kind of mystery hardwood stained with walnut color. Still a good deal for these times at $249.

It is a shame that Ruger stopped using walnut for 10/22 stocks. I purchased mine in the early 1970's and it came with an authentic walnut stock. I would assume they wanted to keep the costs down, The new one's aren't as nice looking but they perform the same. It is still a fine rifle.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    The stocks on those 10/22's are not walnut. It's some kind of mystery hardwood stained with walnut color. Still a good deal for these times at $249.
    Ruger primarily uses Birch for the standard 10/22 wood stock. They did have a run of laminate stocks for a few years and they do still use walnut in some of the higher end sporters and such.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    I have owned several ,all but my present one were very accurate. My present one has a sporter stock that came with a red kick pad .

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

Candyman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2008
    Denham Springs
    The mystery hard wood is Birch. The stain is mixed with the finish and then sprayed on. UV light is then used in the drying process to make the finish hard. The wood under the finish is pretty much white to a light tan.
    $249 is not bad these days for a 10/22. I’ve always liked the 10/22, bought my first one in 1984 at Hillside Guns in Oceanside, CA. If I remember right, I have six 10/22s now.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom